+ Reply to Thread
    Registered User/Squirrel Master sdittmar's Avatar

eWallet Wish List

In honor of Ilium Software recently joining our community to offer some help and appreciation to it's customers, I'd like to compile a feature wish list of things you'd like to see in future releases.

In the original thread Wallet Program Opinions the following were already listed.
    1. Ability to for multiple categories to have the same name
    2. Drag and drop between wallets
    3. Ability to select multiple cards at once (for easier re-org)
    4. Use directional pad to change the selected when viewing a card, instead of moving you through the tabs on the card.
    5. Finger friendly keyboard to go with the number pad when entering password to open wallet
    6. Ability to organize under which tabs fields appear
    7. Option to remove the show/hide password button

I'll keep the new list for ideas posted to this thread, here:
    1. Icon management for card icons & ability to drag and drop onto a card to be it's icon in the category list
    2. Favicon getter to retrieve the favicon image from websites for use as card icons
    3. Autopass support for Firefox
    4. Import from other (inferior )password managers
    5. Double click in "blank" space below the individual cards to open new default card
    6. Clickable list of web pages referenced in cards (& icon next to each to indicate if AutoPass enabled)
    Last edited by sdittmar; 01-26-2008 at 10:10 PM.
    The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Thanks! We certainly appreciate the feedback. This sort of information is a big part of how we make decisions on new features so please, feel free to let us know any ideas, comments, complaints, etc. that you might have.

Also, it might sound odd, but let us know what we're doing right! It would be a shame to have the next version come out only to discover that we changed something people really loved!

Marc Tassin
    Senior Product Manager
    Ilium Software

AutoPass support for FireFox

Would it be possible to import Roboform info?

Quote Originally Posted by avoider03 View Post
    Would it be possible to import Roboform info?
    Probably. The biggest challenge is that, as far as I understand it, Roboform doesn't offer an Export. You can save as HTML though and in theory, without waiting for us, you MIGHT be able to reformat the HTML file and import using the steps we list here:

Ilium Software eWallet

Of course this is all theoretical. I haven't really tried it.

In the mean time I'll add your request to the list!

Thanks!

I use the pro version and enter most of the info on the PC and just sync to the phone. I'd like to be able to double click in the "blank" space below the individual cards to open a new default card instead of using the toolbar or menus.

I really like using AutoPass, but I'm finding it cumbersome to have to open each card to get to the web link. How about a clickable list of all web pages referenced in cards (kind of like the favorites list in IE).
    Last edited by dfkimbro; 01-26-2008 at 08:44 PM.
    -Duncan

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is opinion" - R. Heinlein

Registered User/Squirrel Master sdittmar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dfkimbro View Post
    ...double click in the "blank" space below the individual cards to open a new default card...
    ...clickable list of all web pages referenced in cards (kind of like the favorites list in IE).
    Added your ideas to the list, also if the latter is implemented it might be nice to have a small icon next to each that indicates it AutoPass is enabled for that link or not.
    The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

I use the pro version and enter most of the info on the PC and just sync to the phone. I'd like to be able to double click in the "blank" space below the individual cards to open a new default card instead of using the toolbar or menus.
    Have you tried just right clicking on the category and choosing New Card? That's a pretty easy way to do it. Or clicking the New Card icon in the toolbar? Both of those are pretty quick. (I'm assuming you're talking about desktop? Or are you referring to your phone?)

To be honest, I'd hesitate to do a "double click on the white space since double clicking on a card opens the card. One thing we've run into is when you implement a UI like that (UI = User Interface for those of you not into software development lingo) is that you get people calling you "It's so annoying!! I try to open the card, click a little to the left, and end up making a new card!"

Not trying to say "bad idea." I'm just sharing a little of what we think about as we assess new features.

I really like using AutoPass, but I'm finding it cumbersome to have to open each card to get to the web link. How about a clickable list of all web pages referenced in cards (kind of like the favorites list in IE).
    [/quote]

That's an interesting approach. My primary hesitation there is that it sort of takes the product in a different direction, however, you've given me a couple of ideas that might solve your problem without the new direction issue. I'll play around with them. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilium Software View Post
    To be honest, I'd hesitate to do a "double click on the white space since double clicking on a card opens the card.
    I see your point. How about a right click in the white space for a context menu (new wallet, new category, new card, open wallet, etc.)?

Also, I noticed one additional thing this morning. If my PDA is not connected to the PC, the password screen for the default wallet opens when the program is started on the PC. If the PDA is connected, SyncPro pops up and syncs like it is supposed to, but the default wallet doesn't automatically open and I have to use the File menu. It would be handy if the program would act the same and open the default wallet after the sync is performed. Can you tell that I like to minimize mouse clicks?
    -Duncan

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is opinion" - R. Heinlein

Thanks for the feedback. I see your point. How about a right click in the white space for a context menu (new wallet, new category, new card, open wallet, etc.)?
    That's possible. FYI, you can right click on a card or category name now to get the menu you're asking about. I want to add it to the white space though so you may see that in a future release.

Also, I noticed one additional thing this morning. If my PDA is not connected to the PC, the password screen for the default wallet opens when the program is started on the PC. If the PDA is connected, SyncPro pops up and syncs like it is supposed to, but the default wallet doesn't automatically open and I have to use the File menu. It would be handy if the program would act the same and open the default wallet after the sync is performed. Can you tell that I like to minimize mouse clicks?
    What you are describing isn't right. Here is what should happen.

If the PDA is connected and you have it set to "Sync When Opened" (which it sounds like you do) it should open the last wallet you used, sync, and then offer that wallet with the enter password window when sync is complete. This isn't happening? If not, please drop me a line (marc@iliumsoft.com) since it sounds like you might be running into a bug.

D-pad with e-wallet

Thank you so much for participating in this forum!

You may have seen my previous post about this, if so, I apologize for the duplicate.

I am unable to use the D-pad to navigate from field to field when creating a new card. If I use the onscreen keyboard, I am able to use the <Tab> key to navigate from field to field. When using the slideout keyboard it would be nice to have a hard key to use to go from field to field. Most applications use the D-pad for this purpose.

Thanks again!

Kent Bullis

Quote Originally Posted by Ilium Software View Post
    If not, please drop me a line (marc@iliumsoft.com) since it sounds like you might be running into a bug.
    Email sent. Thanks.
    -Duncan