+ Reply to Thread

Any way to keep phone app minimized?

Does anyone know of a way to keep the phone application minimized during a call? I am using Garmin Mobile XT on my phone and I would like for the Garmin GUI to remain on the screen when I get or make a call. I have a Parrot carkit so I don't need to use the screen or touch the phone at all to make a phone call.

Right now, if I get a phone call while Garmin is active, the phone app steals the focus from Garmin and remains on the screen for the duration of the call. Once the call is completed, then the Garmin comes back up. The problem is that I can't see the map during the call. Thanks for your help!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by snrsuave View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to keep the phone application minimized during a call? I am using Garmin Mobile XT on my phone and I would like for the Garmin GUI to remain on the screen when I get or make a call. I have a Parrot carkit so I don't need to use the screen or touch the phone at all to make a phone call.

Right now, if I get a phone call while Garmin is active, the phone app steals the focus from Garmin and remains on the screen for the duration of the call. Once the call is completed, then the Garmin comes back up. The problem is that I can't see the map during the call. Thanks for your help!
    I don't use a gps program, but there are times when I need another program while I'm on a call. This can be done with AE Button Plus. It'll let you remap one of the hard buttons with the option of an Alt + Tab. This will let you return to the previous application that was running b4 the call. It works for me anyway.

You can do pretty much anything you want while in a call. You do not even have to have any programs installed. Just press the start menu and go back to the program you were using (it should be in your recent programs list in the drop down menu.)