+ Reply to Thread

Any other Today programs besides SPB and HTC Home I should try?

i've tried both...i like them. but i would like to know if theres anything better.

Registered User/Squirrel Master sdittmar's Avatar
    I would say PHM TrayLaunch which is part of PHM PowerToys, which lets you add icons to the tray at the bottom of the Today Screen like Quick Launch buttons. (In the image, where the Wireless Sync, Putty, and keyboard icons are)

You have to kind of harvest it from the PHM Power Toys to use just the tray launcher without its other stuff, but its not hard ... ie install PHM PT, copy the exe for the tray launcher to a different location, uninstall PHM PT, then copy a shortcut to the tray launcher into your programs dir.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by sdittmar; 01-19-2008 at 03:31 AM.
    The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ykim View Post
    i've tried both...i like them. but i would like to know if theres anything better.
    I really, really like Battery Pack Pro. Read up on it. It does a whale of a lot more than just battery management. I really have not seen that I need anything other than it and Calendar +.

SBSH Pocketbreeze.
    Been using this for years, best out there IMO, no reason to change to anything else.

rlToday, I like alot.

What are you looking to do with your i760..??? Multimedia? Business Apps? Personal Use? Its difficult to tell you what to download unless you know what you want your device to do....

I personally use my phone as an appointment book that I recieve emails on...I have a bunch of programs that I never use but thought looked cool..

Explain what you would like to do with your device and it would be easier to pinpoint the applications that are recommended.

I'm using iLauncher and really like it

all i will use my phone is for multimedia. but i just want a today plugin that will look nice and give me ability to check text messages, missed calls and BT on/off.

Well I have attached several files for you if you are looking for multimedia, checking emails and controlling your bluetooth.

1. Phone Alarm - essential program for your phone. It will tell you if you receive email, voicemail, sms, mms, missed calls. With this program you are able to download a vast array of skins from pocketMax Software - Pocket PC Software & development Depending on the skin that you decide to download you will also be able to control your blue tooth with it.

2. TCPMP .72 - fully working video player. By using this program along with the VideoBundle which is also attached you are able to view youtube videos on your phone.

3. VideoBundle - see above. Make sure that you install this .cab in the same place as TCPMP. If you install TCPMP on your device, make sure you install this on your device. It will do the rest.

4. S2U2 .98 - Very nice iPhone like locking program for your phone. I only placed this on the list because in order for you to use S2V .20 the best picture viewer out there right now you need this installed. S2U2 is also nice because once you start your media player you can turn off the screen and still listen to music with it installed. It will also make sure that if you receive a notification that your phone will not open up in your pocket, case whatever and stop your music player

5. Pocket Melody - nice music player that is very easy to use and easy to set up. To set up once you extract the file on your device...copy the extracted folder to the windows/start menu/programs folder. It will make a folder in your program files now. Once you do this, you will have a folder called PocketMelody, open it up and there it is.

6. S2V .20 - outright best picture viewer out there today. Must have S2U2 .98 installed.

7. PocketCM .18 - great contacts program that will give you the ability to scroll through your contacts with one touch. Also gives you an alternative program for SMS if you would like.

All of these programs are free except for PhoneALarm. That costs $20.00 but is well worth it. Couldn't function my phone without it.

Well good luck and I hope this is a great start.

I also use iLauncher on my phone which is a great program for assigning programs to icons on your desktop screen. This can be located at SBSH Mobile Software - Making smaller bigger

Attached Files

i have tcpmp and coreplayer...still deciding which is better for me.
    i have phone alarm, spb pocket plus, spb shell, spb suite, and now using HTC Home.

i want something that has a nice digital clock and something thats transparent.
    i'm picky i know.

Quote Originally Posted by ryncppr View Post

7. PocketCM .18 - great contacts program that will give you the ability to scroll through your contacts with one touch. Also gives you an alternative program for SMS if you would like.
    With this program. How do you not use the included SMS program. Personaly i like the windows sms features. I checked there site and I dont see how i could set the program to just use the scrolling contacts. Just wanted to see how before I go installing it

Quote Originally Posted by ryncppr View Post

6. S2V .20 - outright best picture viewer out there today. Must have S2U2 .98 installed.
    S2V.20 can be used without S2U2 ...

I've been playing with PointUI the weekend. While it's still and early release, it show a LOT of promise as a home app.

Pointui, the definitive user interface for mobile devices.

ok, newbie here. How on earth do I get these zip files to my device? I'm assuming it involves using and unzip program (winrar) then putting the files on the device via active sync. But I dont know what part of the unziped file to transfer or where to put it, basically need some more detailed idiot proof instructions. Mainly concerned with TCPMP .72, video bundle, and pocket melody. Thank you for your time and help

Update: I got pocket melody on the device but when I open it all it has is a cd and the play, forward, reverse buttons. when you click on the cd it opens a volume up down, close and two other buttons. when either of the other buttons are selected it just goes to a blank screen and i have to either push end or ok to get outta there.... Is there a help or a readme for file for this program? Thanks in advance again
    Last edited by 50caliber666; 01-21-2008 at 07:05 PM.