+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Data Cover

Angry Data Cover

The data cover (bottom of the phone) is somewhat of a pain... it seems to get in the way when I have the phone connected for charging.

I just got a desktop charger and even though it has a well on the left side for the data cover to go, it still makes the phone sit funny with a slight cant to the right. I've thought of modifying the charger a tad to make it have a better groove for it, but I'm thinking of just removing the cover from the phone all together instead.

Anyone else do that?

As for all the other covers, they have not (yet) been an issue since I really don't use them. I don't take out the memory card and have as of yet used the speaker connector.

Quote Originally Posted by krelvin View Post
    The data cover (bottom of the phone) is somewhat of a pain... it seems to get in the way when I have the phone connected for charging.

I just got a desktop charger and even though it has a well on the left side for the data cover to go, it still makes the phone sit funny with a slight cant to the right. I've thought of modifying the charger a tad to make it have a better groove for it, but I'm thinking of just removing the cover from the phone all together instead.

Anyone else do that?

As for all the other covers, they have not (yet) been an issue since I really don't use them. I don't take out the memory card and have as of yet used the speaker connector.
    I have the OEM cradle and the data cover is no problem at all. I feel that the cover helps protect the connector when the phone is out of the cradle and plan to leave it on. Really, when I swing the cover to the side there is no problem whatsoever with connecting into the cradle.