+ Reply to Thread

Why would 760 no longer beep in reply to BT h/set?

I use a Plantronics Voyager 510. Since I bought my i760 last October/November when ever I go to make a call, I press the button on the 510, hear one beep, hold the button until I hear a second beep (a double beep this time) and let go of the button. I then heard a much higher pitched double beep from the phone itself and knew it was okay to give my instructions (CALL MOM, WHAT IS SIGNAL STRENGTH, etc).

In the past two days however ... I no longer am getting that 3rd, high pitched beep that I believe was sent by the phone itself. If I wait 2-3 seconds after the 2nd (the double) beep, and give my command, the phone DOES respond ... so it seems like a notification type got shut off some how ... but I certainly didn't do it intentionally and have no idea where to look for it. Can anyone provide any suggestions?

Thanks,
    pat----

It sounds as though you have system sounds off. In that case, you will still hear the boluetooth beeps, but not the high pitched voice command beeps or verbal notifications. Use the volume rocker to turn the system sounds up (the left volume slider), and you should be back up and running. System sound volume controls the voice command sounds that would be transferred over bluetoot, or if you are just using the phone itself.

JDCJ,

Thanks for the idea, but that's not it. Just checked and system sounds are on and the volume is set up around 80%.

Anyone have any other ideas?
    Thanks,
    pat----

Found it! I have no idea how it got enabled, but ... I use Spb Phone Suite for the picture speed dial and missed call/email notifications and ... somehow "Profiles" got turned back on. I noticed that today, removed the checkmark and ... I now get that extra little audible response from the phone.

pat----

Glad you found it.