+ Reply to Thread

Better tasks program?

I have been searching the forum as well as a couple of software sites, but I can't seem to find a program that does what I am looking for. I want a better program to handle the tasks on my phone. For example, lets say I want to add a task that called "Pay Bills". I would like that task to have sub-tasks that I could check off individually such as...

-Pay car insurance
    -Pay electric bill
    -Pay phone bill

I would of course like this to be Today screen compatible and even Outlook compatible so that I could enter the info onto my laptop and have it sync with my phone. Is there such a program that I am missing that does this?

Thanks, Chris.
    Last edited by ixander; 01-20-2008 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ixander View Post
    I have been searching the forum as well as a couple of software sites, but I can't seem to find a program that does what I am looking for. I want a better program to handle the tasks on my phone. For example, lets say I want to add a task that called "Pay Bills". I would like that task to have sub-tasks that I could check off individually such as...

-Pay car insurance
    -Pay electric bill
    -Pay phone bill

I would of course like this to be Today screen compatible and even Outlook compatible so that I could enter the info onto my laptop and have it sync with my phone. Is there such a program that I am missing that does this?

Thanks, Chris.
    Might be overkill for you but Agenda Fusion has a "Projects" function that allows grouping under a Project name, various tasks, appointments, etc. and even assigning different tasks to various contacts. Syncs with outlook and reminders, appointments you set there show up on Today screen if you set that option.

Any other suggestions?

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ixander View Post

-Pay car insurance
    -Pay electric bill
    -Pay phone bill

Thanks, Chris.
    I would set them up as reoccurring appointments in my calendar.

That way you don’t have to recreate the task each month.

The problem really isn't with having them recur. I guess what I really want to do is to group tasks.

Pocket Informant has hiearchael tasks which allows grouping.
    However, they don't transfer over to Outlook since Outlook doesn't support this type of grouping.

Listpro will also handle grouping tasks. Also excellent for any kind of list you can think of.
    But, doesn't have a today screen plugin but they do have a Desktop component. You can keep lists on laptop and transfer to phone.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Pritchard View Post
    Pocket Informant has hiearchael tasks which allows grouping.
    However, they don't transfer over to Outlook since Outlook doesn't support this type of grouping.

Listpro will also handle grouping tasks. Also excellent for any kind of list you can think of.
    But, doesn't have a today screen plugin but they do have a Desktop component. You can keep lists on laptop and transfer to phone.
    Agenda Fusion again.

what i do...is use the existing tasks and say for instance....have the task pay bills...then under the notes i would detail each bill to pay...
    I want the storm and I want it now!

Pocketbreeze is also another consideration. This is a Today Screen interface to the existing PIM database. I have used Pocketbreeze before. Excellent App. For what you want to do, you can set up a special tab on the Today Screen with these specific tasks you want to track. Using categories can also group them together.

PI, AendaFusion, and Pocketbreeze use the existing PIM database that is standard with WinMobile. Each app just presents the data in different UI formats. Some use their own auxillary database and/or file subsystem for "extended" features that aren't supported in Outlook.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

You should be able to set a Category called Pay Bills and then use Pocket Breeze or SPB Diary to show them on the Today screen grouped by category...
    Mark
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

Actually, using PB and grouping by category might just be what I was looking for. Not exactly what I wanted, but I think it will do fine. I will give it a shot.

Thanks for the help.