+ Reply to Thread

How to select the phone # in calendar entry

I just moved from Palm to Windows a week ago. Having fun so far. However, I can't find a way to select a phone # that is in a calendar entry's header. I can select anything that is in the calendar entry body, but not the header, which is often the only place where the # is. Any help out there?
    Thanks.

I'm disappointed in this also, hopefully someone has an answer. With deficiencies like this, and crappy Bluetooth performance, I'm thinking I was better off with the Q.

Well, no one replied because it can't be done. Amazing. One workaround is to 'edit' the calendar entry, copy the phone # from there, then paste it into the phone app. Of course, you can't do that while driving, or do it one handed. Another workaround is to create (manually) a phone entry in Contacts using the Calendar info ahead of time. Sucks.
    For all its faults, PalmOS is much better integrated than WM6. Too bad it's at the end of its lifecycle.

SBSH's ContactBreeze 2 adds this ability to appointments and task, both from within PocketBreeze, if you use it also, and within your PIM. Give it a trial.

Noob
    This would be a great feature to have. If I remember correctly I used to be able to do this with my old Windows Mobile OS (Smartphone non-touch version) on the Samsung SCH-I600.

Were you running Papyrus? Amit added the ability to dial from appointments and task to Papyrus and was a huge help for myself.

Thanks for the tip, SJ. I'll check it out.

Well, having read the manual, it looks like a program like ContractBreeze is what I need. Unfortunately their trial program is WM5 and errored when I tried installing it. Judging from the message boards at SBSH, there's some question about the future of that product at this point. We'll see.
    If anyone knows of other plug-ins that add the ability to dial, let us know.

Hmmm..I downloaded the trial to my 760 today and so far so good.....
    Will dee if I encounter any errors and let you know.

Well, I tried installing it again and it worked. I'm playing around with CB to see if there are any issues, but it seems like a winner.

Just to let you all know .... ContactBreeze is on sale through this website right now for $6.95....

Just Another Mobile Monday

Perhaps not perfectly ideal, but in notes of appointment put "tel:" and the number. Like this: "tel:8005551212" or any variation with no spaces:
    tel:800.555.1212
    tel:800-555-1212
    tel800)555-1212

you get the point.

Doesn't work in "subject" or "location" unfortunately.