+ Reply to Thread

Turn Screen on, AEButton Plus

I mapped the Red phone button for two presses to avoid accidental hang ups when grabbing the phone. Works just fine. Problem is when a call is over and the screen has turned off, two presses don't end the call until the screen comes back on, then the double press works ok. Thought I could map a single press of the same button to "Turn Screen On/Off". Then I could click once to trun the screen on and twice to end the call. Problem is, it turns the screen off just fine, but once off, doesn't turn it back on. Any ideas?

I posted about this same issue a couple weeks ago and I was told it couldn't be done (turning the screen on with any button other than the little one of the top).

I remember your post and I should of realized what I'm trying to do is the same thing your were trying to do. I guess what gave me hope was the action described in AEB is "Turn Screen on/off". I thought there might be two separate states when the screen was off. One that occured when the device hybernated due to inactivity and another when the screen went off but you were still on a call. I was hoping in the 2nd case that you could wake the device up. Apparently that's not the case........

You can also turn the screen on if you slide the keyboard out. I sometimes slide it out and back in to turn it on, but only occasionally when I'm not in a rush, plus there's a little delay with the screen rotation but it works fine. Not ideal for most people though, that's why I don't really share it as a reasonable solution.

Not sure if this will help, but in addition to turning on the screen by (1) tapping the power button on top and (2) sliding the keyboard in and out, I just discovered that (3) pressing and holding the voice command button will turn it on, too. One problem: you get a voice command prompt (but that times out pretty quickly).

Odd, because #3 doesn't work for me. At first I thought it was because I had the phone locked, but even after unlocking it I couldn't get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
    Odd, because #3 doesn't work for me. At first I thought it was because I had the phone locked, but even after unlocking it I couldn't get it to work.
    #3 doesn't work for me either.