+ Reply to Thread

Dent on Screen - thoughts?

I was afraid of this as soon as I touched the new squishy screen on the i760. Something in my pocket put a 1/8 inch mark on my screen. Now it randomly will "touch" the area under the mark, and select whatever that is. The rest of the screen is still responsive to the touch. What seems to be happening is the dent in the screen is occasionally triggering the touch sensor below. It doesn't do it all the time, but often enough that I can't trust it. For instance, it will randomly dial the number 1 during a phone call sometimes, because the mark is right above where the 1 is on the on screen dial pad.

I see that PocketPC Techs does a $60 repair service. Unfortunately I don't have insurance on this phone. Lesson learned.

Anyone else have any other thoughts? Am I the only one this has happened to? I am pondering a hard reset, and will attempt that before mailing it away.

Guess this is why a case or a screen protector was highly recommended to all that purchased this phone. I too keep my phone in my pocket, but I make sure that it is the only thing in it.

Sorry for you bad luck. I highly doubt a hard reset is going to fix your screen. Looks like your going to have to cough up the $60 to get it fixed

We've all had this phone for less than a year. If you take this back to Verizon they might take it back as a warranty swap out. If they believe its 'physical' damage they don’t have to take it back. If you treated the device as any user would I wouldn’t be concerned about them taking it back.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

I go caseless...but I'm smarter than to put something else in the same pocket LOL

I just ran into the same issue today except I don't have any "dents" on the screen. there is no visible damage but it keeps on clicking away at one specific area. not sure what it is but I just did a hard reset and am currently restoring data. if this doesn't fix the issue verzion customer service will be hearing from me.