+ Reply to Thread

controlling my outbound email address

Hi everyone,

I have yahoo imap setup, as well as gmail via wireless sync. However, when I reply to my gmail, it's actually my hotmail address that gets used (even though I cannot get my hotmail on this phone, seems ironic).

I thought I'd be able to change that via Settings -> Owner Info, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've searched the forum and didn't see anything. Is it the email Verizon has in my verizon profile?

Thanks,
    Barrett

well, I tried a couple things:
    1. changed my verizon address to be my yahoo
    2. emailed my phone from my hotmail
    3. replied to this email from my phone

much to my dismay, it still got sent from my hotmail address. now if anyone responds to me, I won't get it. Anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks,
    Barrett

The issue is wireless sync. I have the same issue with it with my work and personal e-mail. Wireless sync will reply to any e-mail form the address that is first set up in wireless sync, no other address. I worked around it by using wireless snyc to push mail to my phone and than using pocket outlook to download any messages I wanted to reply to so that the reply came from the correct address.

The other work around I have found it to use active sync with pc monitor, but that requires a pc to be running 24/7 (or there about) with outlook running and outlook there will push to your phone correctly and reply correctly, however it the pc is shut off, or outlook closed, no e-mail.

Hope that helps some.

I just use SEVEN to have my gmail emails pushed to my phone. Everything works fine, including IMAP; no PCs running at home or anything kludgey like that. The only catch is that you have to have SEVENs app running on your phone, but its memory footprint is negligible and I have no problems with battery life. Definitely recommended.