+ Reply to Thread

Button to switch phone to silent and back?

Does anyone know how to assign a button to switch the phone from ring to silent or vibrate and then switch it back to ring?

It is really annoying to have to go into the menu and then select a ring option from the drop-down list every time I go into a meeting.

Thanks!

YOu might want to try SPB's phone Suite. YOu can set up a meeting ring setting and it will go off of your calendar in Outlook and change it's self.

use the volume keys on the left side - it lets you go to vibrate, or even turn the phone off. To turn it back on, just hit the volume up key multiple times.

Thanks. That is a great idea and much too simple for me to have thought of it!
    How often the solution is right in front of us but we don't see it because we are looking for a more complicated way of getting it done.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arniep View Post
    Thanks. That is a great idea and much too simple for me to have thought of it!
    How often the solution is right in front of us but we don't see it because we are looking for a more complicated way of getting it done.
    Have your read the user guide for this device.
    It really has some good stuff in it.

Good Luck

Mark

Pretty Good Member
    Other options. Since I use my volume rockers for Pg-Up and Pg-Dn when not using the phone, I use AE Button Plus to toggle the vibrate mode off/on. You can also turn the phone all the way off with a long press of the red end button if you don't want to be bothered (or bother others) with the vibrate mode. But I prefer to also map the on/off toggle to another button with AE Button Plus because it's a simpler process than a long press of the red end button, which is more involved with OK confirmations.