+ Reply to Thread

FYI for those who want a desktop charger

I purchased the $10 one on eBay from Hong Kong (came to $25 total with shipping) and it DOES indeed charge the extended battery ON THE PHONE while placed in the cradle. Not sure if I have a different model then other people but it snaps right into the cradle and the phone immediately starts charging.

I've got the same one, works well...

Couple comments:

The blue LED is a bit annoying... covered with black tape.

The device doesn't sit squarely on the cradle with the cover. It does have a well on the side for it to go, but part of the cover still interferes with its sitting flush.

Still thinking of removing the cover completely. None of my previous phones had a cover for the data port for more than a day or two when I got them. No issues with dirt etc..

The ability to charge the phone and the second battery at the same time is nice.

I agree 100% with the above. The blue LED will slightly blind you if you look directly into it.

But I think this is important news for everyone who wants a desktop charger since all previous posts said this model didn't charge the extended battery while on the phone.

Will the extended battery fit in the other slot? I typically have the standard battery attached to the phone but would like to be able to have the extended battery charged and ready if needed.

yes it does

I purchased this chager and found it very flimsy and difficult to get the phone to fit onto the port without having to pick up the cradle and mess with it... maybe the angle is just slightly wrong. I also agree about the LED.... sheesh... talk about a night lite!

My crade crapped out in less than a week and now will no longer charge via the plug in usb cable port. It just quit and not amount of playing around with it will make it work. Must have burned out the innards I guess. talk about a waste of money....

It is not the easiest thing to get the phone into. Been working for about a week now.

I use the battery only charger in the back all the time.

Last night, I removed the cover from the bottom of the phone. It simply gets in the way. It is now very easy to use the cradle... slips right in and sits flush.

As for the cover, I didn't use a cover on any of my other phones so I don't think it is a big deal, but it was a pain having the thing sticking out everytime I had the phone connected to a wire.

The cover ended up coming out intact, so it could be reattached, but I don't see the point.