+ Reply to Thread

Creating new text messages faster?

i can create a link to "NEW SMS" via sbsh ilauncher, and that is great, BUT, there is no way to enter the recipient's phone number without knowing it by heart (or having it already "copied"). so, i have to go to Contacts (or Call History), then select the name, and then select Send Text Message. This is very cumbersome. How do YOU quickly text someone whose number u dont know by heart?

From the home screen just start typing their name using the front keypad. It will parse the names down. Select the name you want and depending on what info you have entered in the contacts you will see choices like Call Mobile, or Send text message, or Send Email.

wow, i use that method all the time for making calls, and for some reason forgot that texting was one of the other options... thanks!

Dorf, thanks for the tip as well. Never dawned on me to do that. Always went into contacts or just used voice command.
    i760 VZW

No prob! Now if we could just get T9 for txting I could drive and text much easier.

what command do you speak in voice command?
    Jeremiah 29:11

I use SPB Mobile Shell and it has a dialer option where you can have little pictures on the main screen. If you click and hold down on the picture it has an option to text that person. It's super quick! Basically one step texting!

Quote Originally Posted by daverose808 View Post
    wow, i use that method all the time for making calls, and for some reason forgot that texting was one of the other options... thanks!
    I didn't know you could do this either! Nice tip.

You can also just start typing their name in the "To:" box!