Closed Thread

1X vs EV and poor signal

Im plagued by lost signal and can not connect no signal msgs.

I notice I always have around 2 bars and it will switch from EV to 1X. Is this the way the phone is because its really getting on my nerves. Why do the cell co's insist on making phone with crappy antennas?

I was trying remote desktop from inside a bldg and it refused to do anything because of a poor signal.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by madmax200; 01-25-2008 at 05:29 PM.

Low signal can cause the phone to revert from EV to 1X. EV requires considerably more power behind the signal than 1X. If signal is poor it may switch to 1X.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

Of all the verizon phones in my household, 6 to be exact, the two i760's get the best reception...by a couple bars in some parts of the house...so I doubt it's the phone that's your problem.

Got to agree with that. My new i760 gets much better reception than my Treo 700W did.

Well then my phone is broken. I was sitting at dinner with it on the table. Without moving or touching it the phone was going from 62% to zero and back to 62% all on its own. I went to VZ to complain and as I was driving home I had my 815 and 760 sitting side by side on my lap. The 815 had 5 bars and the 760 was at ----------ZERO. The 760 goes from 100% to zero in 5 feet of driving.

It must have a loose antenna?????

Well I went and bought a brand new 760 to hold next to my 760 as I drove down the road. In 300 yards both phones went from 100% to 30% to ZERO and back to 62% and back to 1 bar etc about 10 times. These phones suck!

Just for kicks I had my wife hold my v710 and it had 5 bars the whole time and never wavered. The signal reception on these phones is --------KRAP!

Why would they make such a pizz poor antenna.

I know I know your phone works great.........Whatever!

I went from the i730 to the i760 and the reception was about equal for a while. I started to notice less reception on the i760, so I ordered an external antenna, this worked OK, but then I notice that when I was not using the external antenna my reception kept getting worse until I had no reception without the external antenna. I called the black hole at Verizon and they were clueless. I then talked to a tech at a computer store and they thought that once the phone "gets used to having an external antenna that it will constantly search for that antenna". I finally had Verizon replace the phone, either the phone was looking for the external antenna or there was a fracture in the internal antenna chip. Verizon told me that they and Samsung doesn't want people to use external antenna's. (then why do they put a portal on the back of the phone?)
    The new phone is working OK but still having some connection problems where I did not have with the i730 or other cell phones. I would suggest to never use an external antenna unless someone really fixes the problems first.
    Has anyone else had this problem? Has anyone came up with a good fix?

The city I live in I have great reception with my 760, whereas others on other networks have terrible coverage. Only place I have trouble is at my friends apt but is place is just a black hole for cell reception no matter the network.

This thread is now closed due to the bickering that started among several users. Several posts have been removed. The members flaming each other in this thread (you know who you are) cool off. There is no reason to be rude to each other. This thread seems to have served its purpose and is now closed.
    Last edited by tange1; 01-27-2008 at 09:58 PM.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com