+ Reply to Thread

Youtube + TCPMP and flash plugin, "swf arg's not found"? getting this error lately

anyone else getting this? been happening the last couple days with any youtube videos I try to play (google videos seem to work fine still). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling tcpmp and the plugin to no avail. I have not instaled, uninstalled, or changed anything on my phone lately.

exact error is " Youtube swf arg's not found"

anyone else getting this or have any ideas?

youtube not working

geting the same message try to reinstall to and got nowhere with it if you here any thing let me no to thanks

I use ByWiFi: Mobile Transcoding of Video and Web Page for Mobile Phone and PDA to download youtube movies directly. It transcodes them into 3GP videos. I think it is great.

Youtube has made a modification.

Fortunately, the flashbundle author is keeping up and issued a new cab file that restores full function.

Didn't you get the memo?

Full Youtube Update

Quote Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
    anyone else getting this? been happening the last couple days with any youtube videos I try to play (google videos seem to work fine still). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling tcpmp and the plugin to no avail. I have not instaled, uninstalled, or changed anything on my phone lately.

exact error is " Youtube swf arg's not found"

anyone else getting this or have any ideas?

Thank you for the info! That was the fix I needed and everything is working fine again.

Quote Originally Posted by kpduty View Post

Fortunately, the flashbundle author is keeping up and issued a new cab file that restores full function.

Didn't you get the memo?

Full Youtube Update

Quote Originally Posted by kpduty View Post

Didn't you get the memo?

Full Youtube Update
    thanks for the info, I was getting the same error but attributed it to a new phone and a backup restore.

solves that problem.....

Sorry folks, I've searched and can't find anyone complaining of this FlashVideoBundle / Youtube problem...When I install the 1.4.4 bundle (and tcpmp72rc1) the "video sites" listed in programs gets associated with Picsel Browser instead of PIE. I've tried to associate the "videosites.htm" file with "iexplorer.exe" instead of "picselbrowser.exe" but, when I do, I get an error complaining of a corrupted file. All the videos play just fine when accessed thru PIE but I get the "Macromedia Flashplayer Update Missing" error thru PicselBrowser. Any ideas on how to fix the association to PIE?

Ed
    Last edited by edorfox; 01-27-2008 at 05:24 AM.

See thumbnai ... make sure ".HTML" is NOT selected in Picsel Browser.

Quote Originally Posted by edorfox View Post
    Sorry folks, I've searched and can't find anyone complaining of this FlashVideoBundle / Youtube problem...When I install the 1.4.4 bundle (and tcpmp72rc1) the "video sites" listed in programs gets associated with Picsel Browser instead of PIE. I've tried to associate the "videosites.htm" file with "iexplorer.exe" instead of "picselbrowser.exe" but, when I do, I get an error complaining of a corrupted file. All the videos play just fine when accessed thru PIE but I get the "Macromedia Flashplayer Update Missing" error thru PicselBrowser. Any ideas on how to fix the association to PIE?

Ed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Youtube + TCPMP and flash plugin, "swf arg's not found"? getting this error lately-capture001.jpg  

Thanks for the quick solution. That was easy. I unchecked the html tag in picselbrowser, uninstalled flashvideobrowser, reinstalled flashvideobrowser, safe reset and tada...works perfectly! Now I'm off to try the wireless router trick...this place is awesome...shapoopi!