+ Reply to Thread

Trouble turning phone back on...

I'm not talking about the actual device itself... When I accidentally hold down the side "end" key too long it shuts my phone signal off so that no calls can be made or received.

I'm running Phone Suite and it has a large icon that allows you to turn on bluetooth/phone/flightmode etc. Unfortunately, it usually takes 2-3 times of trying to turn it on before it finally turns back on.

Any ideas why this is happening? (or know of a quicker way to turn it back on?)

Check your settings. I know in phone alarm for example there is a setting that has shutdown delay 30 seconds. Could be that the phone is set to delay the shutdown process for a certain amount of time. If that is not the problem, try uninstalling the program, use PhoneAlarm trial and see if that fixes your problem.

If it does you know its the software and not the phone

You could also always download a free commanager program that when opened allows you to turn off the phone's bluetooth, wifi, data, ect....

holding the End key turns off the phone...to turn it back on, just hold the key again. This is so you can keep using the device without having the phone be on.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    holding the End key turns off the phone...to turn it back on, just hold the key again. This is so you can keep using the device without having the phone be on.
    SWEET! Thanks so much for that tip. I had no idea I could reverse it just by holding it down again. Very helpful!