+ Reply to Thread

How to sync Windows Live Calendar?

hey guys I've been reading these forums non-stop since i got my new i760 a few days ago. EXCELLENT advice!!

My latest question is, now that I have downloaded Windows Live mobile to my phone it works like a *charm* with my @live.com email. I have a million things in my Live calendar (which I can access whenever i sign into my email on a pc) and would like to know how to sync these appointments to my samsung's calendar.

I've googled it and couldn't find anything so this is my last resort. Thanks in advance guys!

Converged - diggin' it!
    Do any of you know of a calendar program that will sync with the i760? I have just left my corporate job and am now working freelance and need a calendar that will sync with this phone - but I don't have an exchange server of my own...
    Gadget Girl

Companionlink is a great program. Works flawlessly. I Would recommend signing up for gmail and using google's calendar incorporated off gmail, it's a great free service.

Converged - diggin' it!
    Has anyone heard of or used OggSync? It also syncs the google calendar, but it is free... Companion link is $29.99...
    Gadget Girl

Quote Originally Posted by workingmom View Post
    Has anyone heard of or used OggSync? It also syncs the google calendar, but it is free... Companion link is $29.99...
    I have had success with OggSync. Google recommends three different sync applications and OggSync is one of them. You can use the FREEWARE version or the PAID version.

I use the paid version of oggsync and it works great. I highly recommend it. At least for gmail accounts that is.
    Paul Eric Norwood, M.Ed

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue."
    --Dilbert

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by workingmom View Post
    Do any of you know of a calendar program that will sync with the i760? I have just left my corporate job and am now working freelance and need a calendar that will sync with this phone - but I don't have an exchange server of my own...
    If you are frelance on your own then there is no need for exchange level of service

Just sync using Active Sync with your PC.
    Last edited by Mark_A_K; 02-06-2008 at 02:40 PM.

That's why I use oggsync and google calendars. They work well together.
    Paul Eric Norwood, M.Ed

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue."
    --Dilbert

Converged - diggin' it!
    I need to sync while I am out running between two clients - over broadband. I installed the free version of oggsync and it is working well to sync my google calendar. I am using Live email and the google calendar which is goofy, but is all free and works.

Any othere suggestions or insight into the possibility of a Live Calendar sync?
    Gadget Girl

Does Oggsynch play well with others?

I am in a corporate environment, with outlook on my pc and lotus notes for sharing. Right now, I use activesynch to outlook. I am considering using the notes connector so that it goes to domino, but right now my calendar file is local.

I would love to synch with google so that my wife can see my calendar. Does anyone know if Oggsynch will work well given my corporate environment?

Does Oggsycnh try to be my whole synching engine, or does it just match the phone to Google?

I'd just jump in, but I cannot afford to mess this one up.

I'd appreciate any insight.

David