+ Reply to Thread

ringtone volume too low problem.

new to the forum and i just bought the i760 today. I tried everything and i just can't get the rington volume to go any louder. I am currently using the default ringtones that came with the phone and i set the volume to max and set the ring type to ring and vibrate. and the ringtone does come out but it is really low...... did i just get a bad phone???? i need your help....

My ring volume is awfully quiet, too. Even at the highest volume setting.

I think the PhoneAlarm program has different or enhanced ringer settings(and a bunch of other cool stuff) that could fix this problem but I haven't downloaded it yet. Everyone else on here that's used it gives it 2 thumbs up.

I had the same issue with default rings (at least, any of the ones that weren't too annoying to try in the first place). Installing new tones worked for me. And of course there are a zillion places you can find ring tones, but some decent options through MS are here:

https://www.microsoft.com/windowsmob...ringtones.mspx

Although I believe you need to register for the WM 'owners circle' to download.

If there is some ring that is too quiet but you can't do without, an option would be to use an audio editor (such as Audacity) to increase the volume, then re-install your edited file.

Odd...cause I always get comments on how loud my phone rings. I guess you could always go into a audio editor program and boost the volume, then just put the created file on the phone and use it like you would a custom ringtone.

that's what i've been hearing from peeps in here.. about how their ringtones are loud and stuff.... i'm wondering if i just got a messed up one..... cause every other sounds on my phone is hella loud.. like my alarm, key tone, and other sound notifications are hella loud.. but my ringtones are hella low.. i can barely hear it if i leave it in my pocket...

on your volume control, is the phone meter set to the same as the device meter?

no... the device metter is high and the phone meter is in the middle.

okay so i set the two volume meter all the way to the top.. and the ringtone did get louder.... which meter controls the ringtone volume? do i need to put both bars all the way up for the ringtone to get louder????
    Last edited by jkim1978; 01-27-2008 at 09:53 AM.

The one with the phone symbol controls the ringtone volume.
    Last edited by Indie; 01-27-2008 at 10:01 AM.

the funny thing is... i have to put both bars up and the ringtone gets little bit louder.... if i lower either bars.. is low...

This is the ringer that I use for my SMS pages. It's a midi file and for me is more than loud enough.

You need to rename it back to txtring.mid to use it.
    Attached Files

i just noticed that when i am playing the ringtone on the phone.. it is hella low.. but when i call my phone.. the ringtone is loud..... thats kinda strange.