+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up i760 fun: Game recommendations?

I could use some decent, fun time wasters. What games are people liking?

My mainstay is Rampart Chess - very good chess program at good price. But beware: the engine is strong. I'm a fair player and don't go past level 1.

[Side note: Before mods jump on me about searching - I did search. Links in previous threads go to other forums, and I thought it would be good to have a game thread here in the 760 room]

Gotta have Kevtris.

Kevtris

Try GO

If you like chess, you will probably like go. It is one of the world's oldest and best strategy games (dates back to 4000 BC or so in China). If chess is a battle, go is a whole war. The rules are very simple (much simpler than chess), but the strategy is facsinating and multilayered.

An open-source engine called GnuGo is available and vieka has ported it to the WM platform. You can download it from Pocket GNU Go

David

i like the atraware games, chuzzle, bejeweled2, someon just posted a free game called Shift on XDA forums that's pretty fun.

kvetris is awesome. has different modes. a emulator is a must. i have a super nintendo emulator and searching for a game boy 1. chainreaction is a simple yet addictive game. its 50 balls go from the bottom of the screen and drop down to the bottom and u set off i explosion which blows up anyt other ball it touchs. i dun have the link sorry but its made by the same ppl that make shift. can be found on FreewarePPC.com - Freeware Pocket PC / Freeware Windows Mobile: the one and only site for downloading freeware files for Pocket PC / Windows Mobile handhelds.

Both my husband and I are hooked on Cubis. For all I know it's been around forever, but it's new to us and we enjoy it.

(Any other games that would be in a similar genera as Cubis? We're looking for more games too!)

I'm a sap when it comes to pinball sims, so Maggot Attack from PDAmill really appeals to me. It's extremely playable, has both an amazing physics engine and good graphics, and runs well on the i760 (so long as you don't have other stuff running, in which case you'll experience lag).

If you enjoy pinball even a little bit, I encourage you to check out Maggot Attack!

I've been wasting a lot of time playing SuperDoKu.

I agree that the Astraware games are top notch.

I'm personally on a quest to find a hold em game that doesn't suck.

ALL-In-Hold'Em

The best all in hold'em game I've found is By birdsoft. I have had it two years and play it every day. They are always updating and I have never had to pay for an update. They have a free trial. Let me know what you think.
    John

All-In Texas Hold'Em, Pocket PC Poker by Birdsoft
    Last edited by JohnLips; 01-31-2008 at 11:23 PM.