+ Reply to Thread

Dumb question: change back from military time?

How do you configure whether the system time shows military time or not?

Under Regional Settings you can change the time from 24 to 12 hour.

The problem is, it appears to be set to 12 hour time now (H: instead of HH, but it still shows 1:00 PM as 1300. When I got the phone, it was showing 12 hour time, and I changed it to military time as an experiment, but changing it back seems to have no effect.

You're referring to the clock on the Today screen?

Hold stylus down on clock for a few secs and 'options' will appear. Go there and hit 12-hr.

No, that's fine. It's showing 12-hour time.

In the Regional Settings, Time panel, the "Time style" is "H:mm:ss" and the "Time sample" is "13:23:06". Although that's the time style I want, the time sample is obviously wrong. Changing the time style back and forth has no effect on it.

Ah. I think I got a fix for ya.

The capital 'H' is indicating military time. You need lower case 'h'. One h for say, 7:30, and 2 h's to have a leading zero (07:40).\

When you drop down the time style menu, scroll UP to get the lower case h options.

Yay. That's it. Thanks. When the dropdown appeared, it only ever showed the last two entries, and I never noticed the uparrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JE Spex View Post
    Ah. I think I got a fix for ya.

The capital 'H' is indicating military time. You need lower case 'h'. One h for say, 7:30, and 2 h's to have a leading zero (07:40).\

When you drop down the time style menu, scroll UP to get the lower case h options.
    Thanks... I was getting ready to pull my hair out. I saw 2 options and figured that was all there was. But I had to scroll up and the other options were there. I appreciate your help.