+ Reply to Thread

Microsoft Outlook SMS Add-n

I discovered the Microsoft Office Add-in for Outlook SMS (MOSA). It requires that you add your mobile phone as a modem. Is this what is referred to as "Tethering" and is it possible to establish the i760 as a modem on the PC in order to send SMS using Outlook? Thanks for any input on this - the information is scanty at best on the add-in and I have been trying to muddle my way through unsuccessfully for the better part of 4 hours.

Registered User winmobilelawyer's Avatar
    No this is different. The Outlook sms add-on is a way to send text messages from outlook in similar way you would send email. I don't know about using your phone as a modem. I signed up through the microsoftoffice.com site and when I send texts from outlook it uses a random number and sends the text through their sms-link server.
    My Mogule makes me feel like... a Mogul.

http://mobile.meangmedia.com

Do you have Outlook 2003 or 2007. If you have 2003, would you mind giving me some detail as to how you got it to work. I downloaded and installed the add-in but I get a message saying my phone isn't recognized. After looking around the web for better instructions, I saw some information that said my phone needed to be the modem for Outlook to use to send the message???

Thanks in advance for any help.

I really liked this service but disabled it because no one I knew had knowledge of it. Microsoft always has good features for their flagship proggies under the radar they should push out the door more sometimes.
    "If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?"

Does MOSA work with Verizon / i760?