+ Reply to Thread

Wiped out my contacts! How did I do that?

I've been using a charge/synch cable to charge my phone for a couple of weeks. No problems. When the message comes up on the phone to "continue with the sync?", I say yes and since the only think I have set up to sync is "Expense Plus", the sync starts and the phone just charges. A few days ago, after I did this, the contacts on the phone were all blown away. I thought maybe I synced the phone with an empty file on the computer. Good news is most of the contacts were on my old phone and Verizon put them back for me. I sure would like to understand what I might have done to blow them away in the first place.

its an issue with activesync that program sucks

Is there a better option?

Is there a better option that would just start automatically like Active Sync when you plug in the cable?

Personally i just move the files automatically i have Active Sync open but when it connects dont load a profile just press ok > Cancel > Cancel and then go into My Computer and it should have Mobile Device listed under it.

That is with XP no clue about vista.

As for your contacts im not sure of a program that can keep a backup of them for i haven't researched it to much

Quote Originally Posted by nate2587 View Post
    Personally i just move the files automatically i have Active Sync open but when it connects dont load a profile just press ok > Cancel > Cancel and then go into My Computer and it should have Mobile Device listed under it.

That is with XP no clue about vista.

As for your contacts im not sure of a program that can keep a backup of them for i haven't researched it to much
    Here: PIM Backup v2.8 freeware for Pocket PC windows mobile and wm5 or wm6 ppc, PocketPC free downloads.
    And it's free, free, free!

look in your "deleted items" on your pc and also your phone. the contacts should be there still!