+ Reply to Thread

Is it too much to ask for a program with these simple features...??

I would like a program that has:

-A decent alarm clock

-Better missed sms/call notification (an alarm that will repeat and wake up my phone per my settings)

-A battery meter on the Today Screen

-One touch dialing photos maybe?

-A way to backup my calendar and contacts

I'll probably have to buy a seperate backup program, which is fine, but how about the other 4 things in one bundle? I'd rather not download a bunch of freeeware because I am worried about stability. I would be more than happy to purchase a program that is stable and is designed for windows mobile.

I'm not one of those people that is constantly downloading and removing free trials and doing hard resets. I just want to keep it simple. Any suggestions?

Backup calendar and contacts - sync to your computer, or use Wireless Sync, or Sync to Exchange, or use a backup software like Sprite Backup or SPB Backup.

The rest, try either phoneAlarm or SPB Phone Suite.

You are just like me... I use Spb Phone Suite and Spb Pocket Plus. That will take care of the first 4 things for you.

I'd take a screen shot of my phone for you but I am at work, and I don't know how to do that anyway. But if you want I will work on that tonight. It is simple but looks pretty slick... especially with the black setting that I use.

Gorgalis, that would be awesome!

I'm kind of a freak and dont want to clutter my phone up with multiple apps that do the same thing. I've been researching Phone Suite and Pocket Plus the last few days and they seem to be solid apps made by a reputable company.

With freeware (at least it seems to me) you don't know what you're getting into and requires more software knowledge and software conflict resolution that I'm just not familiar with yet on Windows Mobile OS (I'm coming from a Treo 650).

Mrailing, what is activesync exactly? I mean, what is the concept of it? I think it backups up my data on a server or something? I don't use outlook so i wonder if activesync will work for me.

Thanks for the replies! Pretty soon I'll be the one giving the advice!

Gorgalis, does the Phone Suite sms notification "wake" the phone up if I have turned the screen off? Is it an add-on to the existing windows sms app or is the sms app it's own entity? The only thingsI HATE about windows' sms app is no option to repeat notifications for missed texts.
    Last edited by Kingjosh81; 01-28-2008 at 03:09 PM. Reason: forgot a question

Which app is the alarm in?

I'm trying to stay away from PhoneAlarm...

Why are you trying to stay away from PhoneAlarm?????

Because I've heard some things about it I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjosh81 View Post
    Because I've heard some things about it I don't like.
    It's by far the best piece of pocket PC software available. I wouldn't say that about any other PPC software (and no I dont work for them). I've used it for years.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

So do the other 2 programs besides phonelarm have a handy dandy alarm clock built in?

I just installed Gentimer today so i'm not sure how well it works but i've heard good things about it. It has several timers and alarm clock options. and it's only $15.