+ Reply to Thread

auto-disconnect broadband access after receiving mms?

any way to make the phone automatically disconnect from cellular data after it has received a mms? i have a pay-as-you-go data plan but a data block wont do as i use pix messaging frequently. if i dont notice that i have received a mms, the phone just sits there connected to broadband access afterward, pinging away until i hit disconnect in the menu. the cost is minimal, usually under $0.50 on my bill, but it still bugs the crap out of me that i'm getting charged for something so stupid. any ideas guys? thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mknope View Post
    any way to make the phone automatically disconnect from cellular data after it has received a mms? i have a pay-as-you-go data plan but a data block wont do as i use pix messaging frequently. if i dont notice that i have received a mms, the phone just sits there connected to broadband access afterward, pinging away until i hit disconnect in the menu. the cost is minimal, usually under $0.50 on my bill, but it still bugs the crap out of me that i'm getting charged for something so stupid. any ideas guys? thanks in advance.

Your being charged for the data required to recieve the message. It's BS if you ask me. I pay for a package that gets X number of MMS/SMS messages yet I'll get charged 50 to 75 cents a month to get MMS messages.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

Quote Originally Posted by tange1 View Post
    Your being charged for the data required to recieve the message.
    that explains why each instance on my bill is exactly the same. definitely sucks. have you tried fighting it with customer service before? at least its under a buck.

MMS send through as data, but are flagged as MMS and you should not be charged for them...I know I have the unlimited message plan and I don't get charged for them at all.