+ Reply to Thread

Voice Command when on Vibrate

This may be a dumb question but how can I get the phone to announce the phone command prompt (not over the speaker) when the phone is on vibrate or silent. I usually leave the phone on vibrate all day and can activate the voice command by holding down the start button on the side, I just can't hear any prompts when I put the phone to my ear.

Thanks.

I've been searching for an answer for this for months. What I do is leave system sound on but all the way at the bottom of the slider. This still lets it confirm numbers and do voicedial but it wont announce callers.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

You can have system sound volume up and ringer on vibrate which is a workaround, although it is still a problem. To do that, you need a program like PhoneAlarm, or you can use Voice Command. Set the both volumes up where you want them, and then give the command, "Ringer Vibrate." This will set your ringer to vibrate, but leave system sounds at the original volume, allowing you to still hear VC prompts.

It seems so strange to me that my old (not smartphone/ppc) cell phone easily did this, but i760 doesn't. I hope we find a real answer eventually.

On a different note, is there a way to have the phone first announce who is calling and then start ringing? My old cell had this option as well.

Thanks.