+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Who here is NOT using any form of screen protection?

Just wondering... I've been using various screen protectors in the couple of months that I've had the phone, but really haven't been happy with any of them...

Here are some of the types I've tried:

Nushield - these are cool and very different from the usual protectors I always see. They aren't adhesive... they just sort of 'tuck' into the gaps between the screen and the phone casing. it then 'floats' above the screen.

Pros: easy to install, very nice, smooth feeling writing surface, VERY scratch resitant, can be cleaned and reused, covers WHOLE screen - NO gaps around the edges of the screen

Cons: somehow, some way, dust will find its way between the screen and the protector as time goes by. I go to great lengths to install it with no dust in between. Even when I'm 100 percent successful, it is only a matter of days before some dust gets in there somehow.... the Nushields greatest strength (being non adhesive) is also its greatest weakness.
    Unfortunately... once dust gets in, it becomes very easy for it to damage the screen, which has already happened to mine (so much for protecting....). This happened from simply using the stylus on the area where dust was trapped... left a couple nice little dents/scars for me. Nice as these protectors are overall, its impossible to keep the dust out which defeats the whole purpose.

Fellowes WriteRight - Typical stick on screen protector.

Pros - um... well once its on, nothing is going to work its way between the screen and the protector. Compared to some stick on protectors, these look nice when installed, and are relatively easy to get on w/o air bubbles.

Cons - scratch VERY easily... look like crap after a few days. Can be a pain to get on right on the first shot (lined up right). subsequent tries usually end up with 'defects'. Can leave residue when removed.

I've tried some others but these two were by far the best... best being relative... overall I haven't liked the results on any that I've tried. Nothing compares to the crystal clear, silky smooth feel of the unpotected screen....

I know that over time... an unprotected screen will get those hairline scratches on it from dust getting dragged around by the stylus. But to me, those are so hard to see unless you're really looking for them.... other than that, I'm very careful, always put the phone in a case, nevee in a pocket... not worried about dents or anything

so who here goes unprotected? any regrets? anyone else not entirely happy with how crappy most/all screen protectors seem to be?

I dont use any screen protection, more of a nuisance then anything to me.

I use the ones from Pocket Solutions. The ones I got were a obviously too short on the sides and cut crooked. When I sold my i730 it was all scratched up from a couple of games I got addicticted to. I figured anything was better than nothing but then again with the soft screen on the i760, maybe I don't really need it.

Epic Geek
    I dont. I use the seidio unskinned holster or pocket. occasionally I have to clean pocket lint off of it.

I didn't mind the screen protector so much on my Treo but on this device it seems to deaden the feel of touchscreen so I ditched them.

i have an invisibleshield sitting in my desk drawer but still havent put it on. i've had no problems at all with the screen getting scratched so far. i have the seido holster on order and might just stick with that.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    My previous device was the i730 and I used it unprotected for over two years with out any issues.

I have used my i760 from day one and have not any issues.

I really don't believe in using any covers for my screen or the body of the device. I use a leather case that keeps it in excellent condition.

There's a poll asking this question as well. It's a few months old. Interesting results. I go bare back.

I like it bare back as well...

I don't even use a case.. just put in my pocket by itself.

no screen protector, just the cheap plastic holster. No issues.

No screen protector here, but i ordered this one...

ULTIMATE SCREEN GUARD FOR 6700/6800/8125/8525/T-MOBILE WING/HTC TyTN II/SAMSUNG i760 - SPM1P6700

Got my wife the xv6800 and it came with a nice static cling protector, a pouch, the adapter for any audio connector, usb cable that charges, charger, and an extra stylist....

I run with nothing! I do use a cleaning cloth for sunglasses. I have looked into getting a screen protector but they all seem to get scratched. Happy so far.

Hey corey1138, let us know how your protector from Seidio works for you.

Bubbles

I tried one - got a "3-pack". Had trouble still getting all of the bubbles to come out of the underside; and, invariably there was some small piece of something that got trapped.

Also, the clarity was slightly lower, jeopardizing my precious SlingPlayer viewing experience.

So, I just keep it either docked, or in my pocket - the one without my keys .

*raises hand* also didn't need one with my i730

I used a screen protector from pocketsolutions for a couple months, but it wasn't a perfect fit and dust and crap would get in the sides where the protector didn't reach. I finally just took the thing off and have been running it naked since then.

No screen protector for me. I use a lot of "Finger friendly" applications that seem not too friendly with screen protectors. As long as I keep my fingers clean, I don't have to worry about cleaning the screen very often.

No Screen Protection For Me, Either!

90+% of the time, my i760 is in my left, front pants pocket, screen toward my leg, and I never put anything else in that pocket! The rest of the time, I use a magnetic closure leather case.

In case you're wondering, I don't keep the phone on my belt because it isn't allowed while I'm in uniform (I'm in the Navy). And I've never (knock on wood!) the screen on any of my phones... probably because I reserve the pocket for it alone.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    I really really don't see the need for a protector.

I have never had a problem with my screen.

If I did have a problem I’m sure a protector would not do anything to stop the damage.

I think it's a waste of money that could be used for other things......

Can someone tell us how a protector helped?

Well the subject line on this topic makes it's commenters fairly self-selecting, but I will toss in here - I use one. I've had scratchy screens before even on device kept solely in a case from stylus usage. I have the Pocket PC Techs Write Shield C2 on there. I like not having to worry about scratching, putting in pocket, using my finger primarily, or wiping it off with a shirttail.

No screen protection. One screen down already. Be smart, use protection.

I know i am but what are you?
    none for me..