+ Reply to Thread

ActiveSync Updates

I've got my i760 setup to sync with our exchange server using activesync. Same setup that I was using with my i730. If I read an email in outlook the i760 still has it as unread. This works both way I can read an email on the i760 and will not automaticly update exchange I have to force a sync. Anyone have an idea why is not autosyncing like the i730?

Thanks
    ~Staudie

Quote Originally Posted by Staudie View Post
    I've got my i760 setup to sync with our exchange server using activesync. Same setup that I was using with my i730. If I read an email in outlook the i760 still has it as unread. This works both way I can read an email on the i760 and will not automaticly update exchange I have to force a sync. Anyone have an idea why is not autosyncing like the i730?

Thanks
    ~Staudie
    Are you using V4.5 for WM6 or still using the older version that came with the i730?

I'm using 4.5 but, I think it has to do with the phone not syncing with exchange. So just now I got an email. I went and read it on my phone, outlook still has it as unread. With the i730 it would be marked as read with a few minutes. With the i760 will remain unread until I receive a new email... thus syncing the mailboxes. Activesync on i760 says it is connected to the exchange server but not updating.

Is there anyone out there syncing to and exchange server that can tell if they are experiencing the same thing or is it my phone. I’m still within my 30 days until the 1st so I can exchange it.

~Staudie

This is the standard behavior for Wm devices syncing OTA through AS. The read status is not pushed to the server, but will be updated on the next sync. You can, of course, always force a sync if you want it to happen faster.

Kalinsky,

Thanks for the reply... I just found it funny that the i730 would update read status but the i760 wouldn’t

~Staudie