+ Reply to Thread

is my phone charging?

just wondering if there is a sure fire way to tell whether its charging, it seems like it isnt, but my battery has not died yet, i do get low battery warnings
    ive had it for less than 2 weeks
    when its plugged into several different outlets i go to the power options screen and its just at its current power level,
    isnt there some sort of graphic that lets u know the phone is charging?

thanks for any input

The LED indicator. If its red when plugged in its charging. When its green its fully charged.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

ok so my phone is very obviously not charging then, damn, im pretty sure the port on the phone is fine because i can sync to my computer just fine, the charger does not looked damaged in anyway, nor should it be as its just been on my desk or under my bed,

any ideas on what to do, help!
    thanks

Trust me...if you have had your phone for 2 weeks and think it is not charging your wrong. The battery on the phone is good for about 1 - 2 days depending on your usage.

Have you installed any programs on the phone yet?? If not, try a hard reset ... then plug your phone charger in. The LED will turn red when charging

yea the charger contact is either bad or bent i think
    i just plugged it in
    facing up on a table laid flat with charger plugged in, u have to push the charger part up more, as in towards you
    i have no idea how this happened though, i have the warranty and insurance on it, would a verizon store replace the charger?
    any advice on how to fix the poor contact
    thanks in advance

edit: im using a rubber band strapped around the whole device and pulling the charger into the port upwards slightly...this obviously is an extremely inconvenient permanent fix