+ Reply to Thread

Sick of this i760 MMS issues

Hey guys,
    I have had my 760 for a few weeks now. went through called verizon, they remade all my settings in my account which I have the unlimited data plan as well as unlimited picture and text. There saying I should return my phone and swap it out for another.

This is getting to be bs. I can send pictures but not recieve them, as well as this whole anything over 160 charactors is pretty lame too. Does anyone have a sure fix for this stuff yet.

Yes I have read through tons of posts on here and other sites and it seems as tho some people are allowed to have them work normal while others can't.

For now If my gf send me long txts I have had her just make a contact with my email address and she sends pictures and texts to that instead.

kind of getting frustrated that we pay this much money for a device far more capable than any regular phone and we can't do simple things like long texts and get pictures.

i send and receive txt,mms and emails with no problems

I, as others, have had the same issue. you need to do a hard reset in order to fix the issue. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by tom108 View Post
    i send and receive txt,mms and emails with no problems
    same here, anything over 160 characters is just broken up like usual

Ya I have done a hard reset as well with no luck. No different. I also went through the *228 or whatever to have it reprogram all of my features after verizon reset my information and settings. They said to bring it back and swap it out but I have a feeling thats not exactly the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline0210 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have had my 760 for a few weeks now. went through called verizon, they remade all my settings in my account which I have the unlimited data plan as well as unlimited picture and text. There saying I should return my phone and swap it out for another.

This is getting to be bs. I can send pictures but not recieve them, as well as this whole anything over 160 charactors is pretty lame too. Does anyone have a sure fix for this stuff yet.

Yes I have read through tons of posts on here and other sites and it seems as tho some people are allowed to have them work normal while others can't.

For now If my gf send me long txts I have had her just make a contact with my email address and she sends pictures and texts to that instead.

kind of getting frustrated that we pay this much money for a device far more capable than any regular phone and we can't do simple things like long texts and get pictures.
    Maybe not what you want but some of the jabber clients allow files and txt. I tested one of them and it was a 1 second delay between the two accounts. You dont have to pay txt charges either.

yeah, i was going to suggest a chat program as well, no txt charges, and it's alot faster than txt'ing. i use palringo Palringo Vocal IM it supports voice and photo sending also.

I just started having this problem too. Haven't had time to contact tech support. I don't get many MMS, received one a while back, recently had 2 sent to me that won't download. I figured it was a system problem. I'd hate to have to do a hard reset for something this stupid!

Ya ive gone through one hard reset already. I do have parlingo loaded which I use for AIM and its great. However if I go through that then the texts are sent from whaterver other carrier even verizon to my aim account and not my actual phone and if the person has unlimited in messaging and only 500 or whatever anywhere texts than there using that instead.
    Unless you guys know how to set it up to go to my phone and use my verizon in text messages and theres as well so they dont get charged.

what jabber account are you talking about that will allow this to happen by the way you make it sound.

any other suggestions?

I also had a problem in that the TO: box doesnt respond.
    However I use a workaround .... Menu>Foward then Menu>add recipient then Send

Think we finally figured this out

I too could not receive MMS messages, only send. I was sent 3 phones by Verizon because they kept thinking it was the phone. The techs swore it was because of the latest version of the software, i760.07V.ah08.

Upon receiving the most recent new phone I did nothing but activate it and tried to send myself a MMS, IT WORKED. I was in resolution heaven. Then I restored my setting, programs, PIM etc using a backup program, Spb which I bought from handango.

After doing this, I tested the MMS thing again and bingo I could send but not receive. Alas it seems that it is something to do with one of the several third party programs I bought and loaded (although I can't figure out which one and may never be able to do so). Still, I choose to keep all the programs I bought and lose getting MMS messages, but i'll still try to figure out which program it is.

If anyone seems to have a similar problem and figures out which program is causing this problem, I (and countless others including Verizon) would be grateful to hear.

I just received a new phone from Verizon after spending time on the phone with Verizon. I could send/receive MMS when I first got it, I've loaded the software that I run and so far so good, MMS works.

Ok I would first like to say thank you to everyone on these forum I have been reading them for about 3 weeks now to get ideas and learn about my first pda phone. you have all been alot of help.

Last night I finally found the fix that did it for me. i have the palm threading installed and the arcsoft verizon mms. here is a link to what fixed my prob.
    verizon mms fixed - PPCGeeks