+ Reply to Thread

killer keypad Feature idea

Perhaps a program that does this already exists(I hope!!!), but I would love it if I could make the keypad automatically bring up the contacts/dialer no matter which application I'm in, just like its done from the Today screen. Rather than bringing up the contacts/phone app, I just start "spelling" the name with the keypad, but it only works from the today screen and phone app. I want it in every program.

The reason this would be handy is because there's so many today screen replacements and NONE of them allow you to start dialing numbers right away, thus requiring extra unnecessary steps. I think it would be awesome to just start pulling up the number you want by just dialing from the PointUI Home app, or the spb Mobile "Now" screen, etc etc. Since I never use the dialpad for anything but dialing and contacts search, theres really no downside to it.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well or not, so for example: When you're at the today screen, just start pressing numbers to spell out the name of the contact you want and press dial. I want that in EVERY app.

Converged and Insane!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noremacam View Post
    Perhaps a program that does this already exists(I hope!!!), but I would love it if I could make the keypad automatically bring up the contacts/dialer no matter which application I'm in, just like its done from the Today screen. Rather than bringing up the contacts/phone app, I just start "spelling" the name with the keypad, but it only works from the today screen and phone app. I want it in every program.

The reason this would be handy is because there's so many today screen replacements and NONE of them allow you to start dialing numbers right away, thus requiring extra unnecessary steps. I think it would be awesome to just start pulling up the number you want by just dialing from the PointUI Home app, or the spb Mobile "Now" screen, etc etc. Since I never use the dialpad for anything but dialing and contacts search, theres really no downside to it.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well or not, so for example: When you're at the today screen, just start pressing numbers to spell out the name of the contact you want and press dial. I want that in EVERY app.
    You can hit the green call button once from any program and the phone dialer and contacts will come up. It's one step but will get you where you need to go. Also, VC will work from any application/progam and I use it regularly.
    Last edited by GLP403b; 03-04-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Is "killer" still a popular word? I prefer groovy.

Converged and Insane!
    Quote Originally Posted by madmax200 View Post
    Is "killer" still a popular word? I prefer groovy.
    Groovin' Mikey...:mikey:

I prefer the "End" key before dialing, because, in some apps, the "Send" key will cause the application to start dialing a number.