+ Reply to Thread

Verizon Wireless Survey..

Here's a Verizon Wireless Survey, if the link still works tell them what you think:

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/we...P=EMC-NE-M12-1
    Make some nice money from home:
    http://www.tvtravelbiz.com/ds9916

Done and I complained about in city signal.

"...please try your call again..." crouton976's Avatar
    Here's what I posted for #13:

drop the price of unlimited data for PDA's to $15 per month and stop disabling features such as built in GPS (xv6800) in order to get customers to pay for verizon services. If I spend a couple of hundred dollars for a device that SHOULD HAVE a functional GPS built in, why should I have to pay Verizon a fee to get directions or find out where I am? Also, drop the $15.00 tethering fee. Whether I use data on my device or on my laptop, if I'm paying for unlimited data, don't try to dissuade me from using as much as I want from my device OR my laptop. It's not like Verizon is going to run out of it. That to me seems just plain greedy. If Google wins the FCC auction, Verizon would be well advised to put these items into effect, or risk losing me as a customer. -Crouton976 (***) *** -**** call me if you want to find out more
    Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.
    - Edgar Allan Poe

Thank you. First I have seen anything in 19 years of being a customer.
    Brian
    Smart Phones for Dumb People

Quote Originally Posted by crouton976 View Post
    Here's what I posted for #13:

drop the price of unlimited data for PDA's to $15 per month and stop disabling features such as built in GPS (xv6800) in order to get customers to pay for verizon services. If I spend a couple of hundred dollars for a device that SHOULD HAVE a functional GPS built in, why should I have to pay Verizon a fee to get directions or find out where I am? Also, drop the $15.00 tethering fee. Whether I use data on my device or on my laptop, if I'm paying for unlimited data, don't try to dissuade me from using as much as I want from my device OR my laptop. It's not like Verizon is going to run out of it. That to me seems just plain greedy. If Google wins the FCC auction, Verizon would be well advised to put these items into effect, or risk losing me as a customer. -Crouton976 (***) *** -**** call me if you want to find out more
    Drop the data plan price and the tethering fee? Now that's a helluva deal.

As to restrictions on internet usage and "running out of data" actually in 3G technology there actually are bandwidth allocation issues which might justify some of them, especially if dropping data fees causes consumer saturation of the networks. And with unrestricted P2P and media streaming permitted, saturation would indeed be an understatement. As it is, throughput is fairly decent right now simply because bandwidth is relatively clear since the "price of admission" is yet too high for many to justify.

Hopefully both of these impediments will go away once widespread LTE is deployed. Unfortunately, VZW and AT&T being who they are, I would expect massive price drops unllikely as network build-out costs are astronomical and risk of not realizing profitable return equally high. Might have to look to Sprint's WiMax for that.

As for unlocking features, I'm all for that but if there is no profit to Verizon in doing so, why should they? After all, Avarice, Greed, and unbridled Profit are the halmarks of Deregulated American Corporatist Capitalism, are they not?

Good stuff you left on the survey. I hope they actually read them..manix I've been with them for a while myself and I agree it's the first I have seen it myself.

Some of my response mirrored others above...
    -lower data prices
    -eliminate tethering fee
    -release phones with more features (GPS, hi capacity data cards, etc.)
    -release new phones faster
    -release versions without cameras
    -Duncan

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is opinion" - R. Heinlein

Who else you going to get those features through crouton? AT&T? Good luck keeping a signal. Sprint? Ha. If they even exist in 5 years I'll eat my hat. Nobody else's coverage is even close. Verizon charges it because they can because nobody else is competative in this niche of the market. You want someone to complain about? Yell at AT&T and Sprint for running crappy companies, and Tmobile, Qwest, and AllTell for moving too slowly into the market. And my cousin Jimmy and your cousin Bob for not inventing a better bread slicer while you're at it. We're in an age of faster and faster technology. Just wait 2 more years, better and cheaper options will be available. I know it's hard to move away from the American "I want it now, and it better be cheap and reliable and tie my shoes too" mentality, but give it a try and maybe it'll be a nicer world.

Enterprise Data Architect Mark_A_K's Avatar
    Dominick_7,

Thanks for posting this link!
    I just left my suggestions.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_A_K View Post
    Dominick_7,

Thanks for posting this link!
    I just left my suggestions.

Mark
    No problem man. Don't tell me did you suggest something about not suppressing technology? Or..I guess tell me, yea haha.

Quote Originally Posted by CEAudit View Post
    Who else you going to get those features through crouton? AT&T? Good luck keeping a signal. Sprint? Ha. If they even exist in 5 years I'll eat my hat. Nobody else's coverage is even close. Verizon charges it because they can because nobody else is competative in this niche of the market. You want someone to complain about? Yell at AT&T and Sprint for running crappy companies, and Tmobile, Qwest, and AllTell for moving too slowly into the market. And my cousin Jimmy and your cousin Bob for not inventing a better bread slicer while you're at it. We're in an age of faster and faster technology. Just wait 2 more years, better and cheaper options will be available. I know it's hard to move away from the American "I want it now, and it better be cheap and reliable and tie my shoes too" mentality, but give it a try and maybe it'll be a nicer world.
    Actually from what I understand this past year Sprint and or AT&T (can't remember which..probably the former) surpassed Verizon for #1 wireless provider..acknowledged even by Verizon Wireless..I was in their offices and the magazine for their own company said so right on the cover The Sero plan is almost irresistible if you look at it. The coverage is very comparable to Verizon if not better in some respects from what some in this forum have reported.