+ Reply to Thread

Wireless sync outlook and storage

Hi there!

My boss has recently purchased the I760 and I know NOTHING about smartphones or Pocket PC's...I don't even know the difference b/t the two. So feel free to dumb it all down for me.

The problem:

The boss man is using the Verizon server to sync his outlook and phone outlook. However, for some strange reason he is worried that his phone memory will fill up very soon due to the amount of email he gets. So his request to me was that he wanted to receive emails on his phone but when he deletes an email on his phone he DOES NOT..NOT want it to be deleted from his computers outlook.. Why i have no idea. He wants to basically be notified of new email that comes in on his phone and then be able to delete them from the phone only not his computers outlook.

Right now when he deletes all the phone email his computers outlook email dissapear. And when he moves the emails from his deleted computer outlook to inbox they all apear in his phone again taking up space. What options do I have at this point?...

I was thinking maybe there is a feature on the phone where you can tell it to only store the last weeks/months/day's emails?? Is this possible? Please help as I have never owned a super phone before....

Thanks in advance!

I don't know of a Verizon Wireless Sync setting that leaves mail alone on the server when you delete it on the mobile device. At least, I've never seen that option in 2+ years of using it (although I've never looked for it either).

Why not just set up Wireless Sync to only maintain the last X number of days' email on the device and just leave mail there? I think that will result in old mail (over the limit you set) being deleted from the device each day.

I guess you could also try setting up the work account as a POP mail account instead of using Wireless Sync, if your corporate mail server will allow external POP mail access (many don't).

Tork44, I have a better answer than what I wrote yesterday. On the phone, go to Wireless Sync settings > What to Sync > Inbox settings. Make sure the box is checked that removes mail from the device older than X days. That will keep the device from filling up.

I might add that a little curiosity in exploring settings menus will go a long way in finding out this stuff. Go through all the Wireless Sync settings and options both on the device and on the web-accessed WS account.