+ Reply to Thread

Question A way to Disable the End Button?

Love the i760, but I can't tell you how many times I have disconnected someone because of the placement of the End button. Is there a way to disable it while in call? Or even better the button has to be pressed twice or held for 2 seconds.

I've searched the threads and have not seen this. I can't be the only one that is having this problem am I?

PS Still having some issues with BT. It works sporadically so I'm thinking it may be a software incompatibility, maybe s2u2? And the volume is low compared to the other phone I had with the same BT.

Thanks All!!!

I am using AE Button Plus to manage the send and end buttons. You could disable the button with this program but i just set it up so you have to double press the button to get it to work. Haven't hung up on anyone since.

Quote Originally Posted by klipsch2345 View Post
    I am using AE Button Plus to manage the send and end buttons. You could disable the button with this program but i just set it up so you have to double press the button to get it to work. Haven't hung up on anyone since.
    Thats a great idea. Now watch your button will break from over use.

You can disable the end button... and use the on screen end button instead.

I'll try that AE Plus. But ToddFSU implies that you can disable the end button through , but I've never seen that. Is it a registry edit?

How do you do this?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddFSU View Post
    You can disable the end button... and use the on screen end button instead.

Quote Originally Posted by arniep View Post
    How do you do this?
    with AEButton Plus.

How - without button plus

I think the question about how to do this was asking if there's a way to do this via regedit? I would be interested in that solution too.

Found out the hard way this disables the BT hang up.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax200 View Post
    Found out the hard way this disables the BT hang up.
    I also tried this option but found that it disables the BT answer as well as the hang up. I have emailed the developer of AE Button but no answer as yet.

I don't use a bluetooth headset so I have never noticed that before. I think that is strange though because the on screen software button still works with a single press so i would think that the bluetooth button press should work the same way. Have you tried double pressing the bluetooth button?

I don't use a bluetooth headset so I have never noticed that before. I think that is strange though because the on screen software button still works with a single press so i would think that the bluetooth button press should work the same way. Have you tried double pressing the bluetooth button?
    Yes, I have tried that but it doesn't work.