+ Reply to Thread

Smile Bluetooth voice dialing

Can anyone tell me if I can just press the "send/end" button on my bluetooth headset and the i760 will be ready to take my call command? I do not want to have to touch the phone at all to make a call.

I just bought a Treo and it won't take voice commands via bluetooth, you have to first dial the call with the device. I don't understand why Palm would make such a bad design.

I am in New Jersey and with the new "hands free" I need to be completely hands free when calling people.

Thanks
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jandsbarber View Post
    Can anyone tell me if I can just press the "send/end" button on my bluetooth headset and the i760 will be ready to take my call command? I do not want to have to touch the phone at all to make a call.

I just bought a Treo and it won't take voice commands via bluetooth, you have to first dial the call with the device. I don't understand why Palm would make such a bad design.

I am in New Jersey and with the new "hands free" I need to be completely hands free when calling people.

Thanks
    Joe
    Yes it does because the i760 has Microsoft's Voice Command installed. But you should practice making calls first.
    i760 VZW

As WallSt mentioned, the I760 is has fully supported 100% handsfree operation with the implementation of MS Voice Command 1.6.

I use it daily with the Jabra VBT185Z BT earphone supplied to me by Verizon when I purchased the phone.

This is one of the 1st things I checked out, since my Son's Treo 700wx suffers from the problem of not supporting BT dailup (Only receive).

Just make sure you enable the "handsfree" option in the BT configuration of your earphone. I also enabled all the confirmation option in VC to insure the proper call is made.

When I push the activation button on the VBT185Z, I get an "activation" beep and then the voice command is stated, received and confirmed and all is well.

It really is a nice option the virtually eliminates the need to use the phone "RED" and "GREEN" buttons that everyone complains about.

Quote Originally Posted by jandsbarber View Post

Thanks
    Joe

Thanks just bought it and it worked out of the box with my Motorola H700.