+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dashwire Issues

Dashwire Issues

Is anyone else on here using dashwire? I received my beta invitation earlier today (woot!) but I can't get it to connect to their servers. On their Known Issues page it lists:
    Issue: Device fails to connect to Dashwire via HTTPs during sign in even though you can browse the web without issue.
    Affected: Samsung i760, Cingular 8125 (running Windows Mobile 6), eTen x500, Palm Treo 700w, Verizon XV6700, T-Mobile MDA
    Resolution: none at the moment - we are exploring solution.
    I'm just curious if anyone has figured out a workaround or any tweaks on getting this working. I was extremely excited to get my invite only to be disappointed when the software couldn't connect.

I emailed about this and they just stated its a known issue and they are working on it and would email once it is compatible with the i760. So I'm just waiting it out

Quote Originally Posted by EvasionOfTruth View Post
    I emailed about this and they just stated its a known issue and they are working on it and would email once it is compatible with the i760. So I'm just waiting it out
    Ok, thanks for the info. Pretty depressing isn't it? Please let us know if you get an email saying they have fixed it.

I'll post if I get anything defiantly, the worse part for me was it worked with my blackjack

Unfortunately, the i760 issue hasn't been resolved yet. On the development list, so hopefully we can get you access reasonably soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dashwire View Post
    Unfortunately, the i760 issue hasn't been resolved yet. On the development list, so hopefully we can get you access reasonably soon.
    Any ETA on working with the 760?

Thanks

The email I got from DashWire stated that they are aware of the issue, but there is little demand for support for the i760, so its a low priority.

If you want to use DashWire on your device, shoot their support/feedback an email requesting that they try and get it working.

DashWire looks great, and I cant wait to get it working on the sch-i760.

I just sent some PM's to you guys that I'm sure you have seen. We think we smoothed out the i760 bugs, so go ahead and try our 2.0 release (released today!) by going to m.dashwire.com on your mobile and downloading the new client. Please direct any feedback you have to us.

We really appreciate the support!
    Dashwire – Free Mobile Phone Backup, Contact Sync, Web Text Messaging, Photo & Video Uploads, and Connection to your Social Networks

Quote Originally Posted by dashwire View Post
    I just sent some PM's to you guys that I'm sure you have seen. We think we smoothed out the i760 bugs, so go ahead and try our 2.0 release (released today!) by going to m.dashwire.com on your mobile and downloading the new client. Please direct any feedback you have to us.

We really appreciate the support!

I downloaded it after seeing it on engadgetmobile.com this morning... so far so good. I am pretty excited to have this kind of backup program

I can't get it to do the initial sync. I am just doing photos, bookmarks, ringtones and speed dials.

I also cant seem to get it to sync. The program does load further than it did before this last update but it still wont update any info to my online account.

Sorry about the hiccup again guys. We tested the i760 in the office and it seemed to work for us. Please be patient with us as we try to figure this out; we really want to get this goin because we know the i760 is a sweet phone.

Try a soft reset, then reinstall, and then resync. Also, it could just be server traffic that's holding you guys up. Our servers are gettin a little more action than usual so that's where we are also seeing some of our problems start.

Keep us updated on your progress and we'll check back here regularly. Thanks a lot for your support and patience, we really appreciate it. Your feedback only makes our solution stronger.
    Dashwire – Free Mobile Phone Backup, Contact Sync, Web Text Messaging, Photo & Video Uploads, and Connection to your Social Networks

No go for me either. I really want this to work. Seems like a really cool program that I'd actually utilize.
    Samsung SCH-i730 -> Treo 700w -> Samsung SCH-i760 -> Samsung Omnia (SCH-i910)

ok i uninstalled it, soft rest, installed it again, soft reset and also took out my memory card, (i was thinking maybe that might be causing some problems). so after all that i got it to say "Syncing: updating your data" at the top of the screen. Well its been doing that for almost 1 1/2 hours now. I haven't had any interruptions either, no calls, emails, or sms. Also i unchecked all media and just left Contacts, Messages, and Speed Dial to be able to sync.

Im still thinking is the program that might be causing the error because it wont let me edit the Status Message and i have a few problems with the changing of screen orientation. ex. if i go to change username/password, when i switch to landscape mode to use the keypad the screen goes back to the home screen. Not sure if any of this info will help but keep us posted and thanks for the help

by the way im using version 2.0.0.354 downloaded via the mobile site

works perfectly for me... i love it

by the way... the first sync takes forever if you have a lot of pictures and messages on your phone, i recommend doing it over night.

but after that it is very quick

Hrm. I'm just doing Pictures/Video, Ringtones and Speed dials. When I click sync the EV icon lights up like it is doing some talking, then after about 10 seconds it goes back into the dormant icon. I guess I didn't let it go overnight, I will give that a try.

Raven, If you have a lot of stuff on the phone, the initial sync could possibly still be working after all that time because of our increased server load. I'm pleased to hear that you got further this time though.

The i760 definitely has us scratching our heads.

Some of the guys on the dev team say that its a .NET framework issue. We're working on it, we promise. Thank you so much for the patience and not trashing the app, and we'll get back on here when we find a solution or workaround.

Thanks for the attention on the i760 Dashwire, be sure that your efforts are appreciated.

On a side note I feel like I have a Treo again... (seems like both Palm and Samsung like to do things ass-backwards sometimes to confound developers). Oh well, keep up the good work. Its a good thing I'm patient (comes from the various Treo fiascoes back in the day).

Dashwire, thanks for being so astute, its quite nice having a rep here.

The only problem I had with installation was that I installed from my phone, then it directed me to the website to get a screen name, which I did but the i760 wasn't listed so I just picked another phone, guess it doesnt really matter but it was a little confusing...

Besides that things seem to be running smoothly, seems like a great app!

Have my phone upstairs on the wifi and plugged in hoping it'll sync up. Tried all day but during work it didn't wanna complete. ::crosses fingers::