+ Reply to Thread

Suggestions for maintenance

Hi, so after a few months using the i760, and trying several productivity apps, I've settled on SPB Mobile Shell, Live Search, Google Maps and search, and and I'm using Bluefire VPN to tunnel to my customers' networks and RDP. Gave up on handwriting recognition (how I miss my Palm) and any data entry with that tiny keyboard.
    My question now is, what can I do to clean up the apparent mess on the storage of this device? I mean, there are what appear to be temporary files littered across the entire drive of this device, any uninstall leaves folders and files that can't be removed, etc.
    What's the best way to remove all of this junk, and what about keeping it clean?
    Any ideas, tools, utilities, suggestions would be welcome!
    Thanks!

Use Total Commander and delete the junk.

MemMaid and other tools have some clean-up functions... but I just default and rebuild eventually.

+1 on the TC.

Now that you've figured out all the programs you want, how about a hard reset to wipe the phone clean and reinstall everything? I use SPB backup...

Thanks for the tips! I'll check out Total Commander, and memmaid. The struggle I had to get my contacts to STAY on the device without duplications and spontaneous deletions is not something I want to repeat, so I have to wait until I have plenty of free downtime to wipe the device and have any hope of restoring and keeping my sanity.

+1 on SBP Backup. That way I have a few "snapshot" points for installed apps: no snap on default - the duplicate contacts hasn't been a problem for me; snap after the raw basics (PhoneAlarm, etc); snap after 2nd priority apps; etc.