+ Reply to Thread

Question media player audio issues - 2.5mm adapter

i have headset adapter that i used with my treo 650 to connect standard size headphones in order to listen to music....when i use this with my i760, i only get sound in one ear...i actually have 2 of these adapters and i tried both, and both give the same result....does anyone know why my audio only plays in one side on my headphones?

Sounds like it's the adapter. I'm using the Verizon adapter without any issues on my i760. How many bands does your adapter have on it? My Verizon one has 3. Can you mess with the connection enough (not all the way in) to hear it through both headphones?

Not trying to be a wise guy or anything but you're sure the headphones work under normal circumstances, correct?

I believe the Treo adapter is specific to the Treo. I also have several of them along with the Shure ec2 for the Treo and none of them work the the i760. I knew this before purchasing the i760 and ordered the Verizon adapter along with my i760.

that's a good call 2ksilverbullet...yeah, my headphones indeed work, and i noticed that if i play with it (not plugging it all the way in), i can hear in both sides, but that tries to activate a call sometimes and it's not stable...but my adapter only has 2 bands...i've never noticed that...thanks for bringing it to my attention...i'll get a 3 band one and try that out!

noseph....do you have a link to one of the verizon adapters? i just called the store in my area and they don't sell them...neither did i find it on verizon's website

From their home page, click on Phones and Accessories, then on the right, select Music Accessories and Memory Cards. On that page, search for:

Stereo Adapter 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm with Call Answer/End Button

This is the adapter I'm using and it does work. It looks as though they have others but I can't confirm whether or not they work.

thanx guys...i went to circuit city and they had them...now my headphones work! the audio isn't as good as my old treo, but it works nonetheless....thanx again!