+ Reply to Thread

Strange answer call behavior

After several months of trouble free use, this just started. Phone rings and when I the green answer button nothing happens, keeps ringing. Then I hit the left soft key which is also "answer" and after 6 or 7 presses, it finally answers. Doen't happen on all calls. Sometimes, it just works the way it's supposed to. Any ideas?

do you have a lot of apps on the phone? Do you notice this happens when many programs are running in the background? Those would be the first 2 things I would check. Hope that helps.

Registered User TrickyFrenchman's Avatar
    This was happening to me as well. It's either something on your today screen, which causes a delay, or it's a memory issue. those are the two things I was down to. For me when I would soft reset the phone would work properly, but as the phones memory decreased the issue would reappear. However, in another thread some are convinced it's a today screen item. Mostly SPB items. I thought it might be Phone Suite, and others thought it was SPB insight. Either way, I would look at what is on your today screen or check where your memory is when the issue happened.
    Lately, I've been trying out the new Mobile Shell, which took Pocket Plus off of the today screen, and the problem has seemed to go away. I've also been using the new Beta of Phone Suite. So, in the end, I don't know that I've really figured anything out...

I get this as well. I am using HTC Home.

I also have a problem that after I hit answer, my mic doesn't work until about 2 seconds after. I always have to say hello, then wait and say hello again before the person hears me. I know its the mic because I can usually hear them for the first second or two. Not a big deal though.

So what we're saying is that the eventual phone answering has nothing to do with my beating on the "answer" button. It's just a delay caused by background processing of other applications that might be running. That's to say if I hit "answer" once it will still pick up in a few seconds, even though I'm not continuously hitting the button. I'll check it out. Even if this is true, it's still a disconcerting behaviour. Only began recently, and I can't correlate the behaviour to the addition of any recent applications.

Registered User TrickyFrenchman's Avatar
    In my particular experience, that is the scenario. Good luck, I think mine is back to working properly. (famous last words, I know...)

Gave up on the Treo
    Thanks for starting this thread, I almost started it yesterday as well.

I have been having the same problem just started recently (past weekend).

I am running SPB Pocket Plus and Diary. When I first had the issue I soft reset and the problem was still there. I have not had the issue in a few days now but it is funny how it just started when I have made no changes in the past month or so.

Please let us know if you learn anything new.

Thanks Crypto314

Bad Verizon, No Cookie!
    I've had the same issue. I have phone alarm and pocket informant on my today screen. That's it. It's either the skin, phone alarm or pocket informant 2008.... or I need to find a way to remember to close programs
    Touch Pro 2 - 6.1 Stock ROM - Verizon Wireless