+ Reply to Thread

Question New To i760 - General Questions??

Hello,

I just got the i760 and I have some general questions regarding functionality.

1. Is there a way to switch from the 'inbox' to 'sentbox' using the keypad under emails? As I see it now I have to tap the screen on 'inbox' before it changes, but curious if this could be done from the keypad only.

2. Is there a way where the face expressions are remembered when text messaging? On my old phone with T9, if I would type out or it would remember it for the next time I would type this.

3. I like to keep my phone on silent at work and have it on my desk. However, when I recieve a text/email message my screen doesn't turn back on; so I am never aware if I have a message unless I check periodically. I tried switching the light notification on to "unlimited" but it doesn't blink unlimited it just blinks a couple of times then shuts off. Is there anyway I can get a working notification when on silent?

Thank you,

olimits7

Hey man, welcome. Just a word of advice, the search function is your friend. Most of these have already been answered on here.

1)right soft button->goto->folders... arrow down to sent box.

2)no t9 on this phone... but it will start recognizing words after you type them. I don't know if it's a spec you have to turn on, but i did a hard reset a day after i got the phone and it did it for me.

3) No way to have the screen turn on when texts come in; they did this on purpose because of the touch screen; i sorta wish they would have made a spec to turn it on or off though.

Phonealarm should address #3.

Hello,

Thank you for your replies.

I'll definitely give PhoneAlarm a try to see how it works.

Also, I've noticed that I can't receive SMS messages over 160 characters. I took a look at the following post, but it doesn't seem like this issue ever got resolved. I also called VW, but they were no help as well.

Text (SMS) messages over 160 characters

Did anybody ever find a solution to this SMS 160 character cap? Is there an SMS client application that I can install to resolve this?

Also, regarding my #2 post (facial expressions) I found this post regarding if I install "threading" on my i760 that I will get smiley expressions. I don't get how installing "threading" text messages will enable smiley expressions. Has anyone installed this? What have been your expierences with it? Does it really enable simley expressions?

I can't seem to find the link of where I was reading about this "threading"; so I can't link it...

Thank you, again.

olimits7