+ Reply to Thread

"Not enough memory"

I'm getting this error pop up all the time:

"Not enough memory to complete this action"

The problem is, I don't know what it's trying to do thats causing this error. I'm not really running anything. The only thing I can think is that maybe my email is attempting to download. It also doesn't seem to matter if I have a bunch of programs running or not.

I just got the error, and right now I have 16.34mb of free program memory, and 11.83mb of free storage memory.

I'm thinking it's something that I've installed that's doing it, I just can't figure out what. Here is what I have installed:
    codyppc wm6_threaded
    Google Maps
    MohairSofa Calendar+ Today Plug in
    Spb Brain Evolution
    Birdsoft All In Holdem
    Caywen Kevtris
    A_C S2U2
    XFTeam, Xflib.net Shift
    XFTeam, Xflib.net Pipes (best game ever)
    Spb Mobile Shell 2

I know it's not mobile Shell, because I got this error before I installed that. I really don't want to hard reset, and I'm avoiding that as much as possible, lol. Any ideas other then to HR, and add the programs one at a time until I get the error again?

Is this all in your devce memory, or some on a storage card?

They are in my device memory.

That would be your problem. try installing as many apps if not all to a storage card. this will free up the internal memory for other things to run. you should see the process speed pick up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fl00rmatt View Post
    That would be your problem. try installing as many apps if not all to a storage card. this will free up the internal memory for other things to run. you should see the process speed pick up as well.
    i would not install all apps on the card. the speed of some cards is not fast enough for some apps to process. i would say install simple apps that are not system or process heavy on the card.

I didn't have a card until yesterday. I will move some apps over to it now. So you think I had too much software on it, even though it shows 16.34mb of free program memory and 11.83mb of storage memory?

I have to clear out the PIE cache regularly, otherwise I have the same issue.

cleartemp

i use cleartemp to clean the cache
    is real easy to do with it

FreewarePPC.com - Freeware Pocket PC / Freeware Windows Mobile: ClearTemp v0.9.9

Thanks for the cleartemp link. Looks like the PIE cache was the problem.

Freeware Solution

I use Oxios Hibernate and Oxios CloseApps.
    They are bundled into Oxios memory. All free.

Link: Oxios Memory (Hibernate & CloseApps)- Release memory on your Smartphone (Freeware)

Oxios Hibernate is the safest to use if you are running anything like touchflo. CloseApps is a bit on the harsh side cause it sends kill sigs to almost every process but whatever Oxios deems necessary.

I used it for a couple years on my MotoQ. I tried it out on my i760 and it worked perfectly.

Oh, do NOT use OperaMobil if you already have alot of apps installed. It uses up ram faster than I use up skoal!
    I wouldn't say I've been missing it Bob.

I use Oxios too. I started with hibernate on my old treo 700w, which needed it to run at all. I don't have FTouchFlo installed anymore, and I'm still getting the error now.

Happened last night when I was surfing with PIE.

I have a Sprint Mogul for my work phone, and a i760 for my personal phone. I really like the Mogul, and I'm having a harder and harder time coming up with reasons to keep the 760. Other then the external number pad, I can't find a good reason to keep it. (sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by 2_hotty View Post
    I use Oxios too. I started with hibernate on my old treo 700w, which needed it to run at all. I don't have FTouchFlo installed anymore, and I'm still getting the error now.
    Have you backed up everything and done a "Hard Reset"? After having installed and uninstalled alot of apps there were alot of left over reg entries and files all over the place, so I hard reset every once in a while after really tinkering alot with my i760. Usually I install and uninstall 2 to 3 apps a day.

Anyhew, best of luck with your future phone, whichever one it might be.
    I wouldn't say I've been missing it Bob.

Slave to all that beeps Halitosis's Avatar
    I get this error when my pocket outlook tries to synch/connect to my exchange server, and I am either in a "no service" area, or have JUST switched from an EVDO to 1x (or vice versa).

I have found no solution.. so I just learned to live with it.

Halitosis

I don't travel that much, but I'll have to check the signal when it happens. I don't have my home phone connected to an exchange server, but maybe it's when it tries to download my gmail.

Not enough memory

I was receiving this same email also. You are getting this messae because someone is sending you a multimedia message. I am still looking to see how to fix it. It has nothing to do with the programs that are installed in your phone.

I don't think that's it. I was getting it several times a day. I've never received that many MMS' in one day. I mean, 15-20 times that I know of.

I sort of fixed the problem though, I switched to my Sprint Mogul full time now.