+ Reply to Thread

problems transfering music files to phone

alright i see mto be having some trouble i can get some files to transfer no problem but i have a couple tracks that will transfer
    but will not be able to be played from my phone
    it has a icon that looks like a peice of paper with the windows emblem on it

the error message i get is .............

" there is no application associated with "(song title)" run the application first the open this file from within the application "

now i think i know what whats happening
    the few songs that are getting this message are songs i ripped on to laptop for my ipod using itunes my geuss is when ripped the format is diffrent then Windows media player right?
    if so how do i alter the format so i can place this songs on my phone to eventually be contact ringtones

what format are the songs? I believe they have to be .wav or .mp3 to play... iTunes defaults downloads to .m4p and imports to .aac, so you might need to convert them. in iTunes you can right click the song and select "convert to mp3". Also, you can change the default import format in edit->preferences->advanced->importing.
    Last edited by dwightkshrute; 03-14-2008 at 07:36 AM.

thanks mane i figured it out now i see i need to go get a bigger storage card this 1gig aint cuttin it lol
    but for every1 else im using a real easy prog to transfer mp4 to mp3 files
    check it out
    Magic M4A to MP3 Converter - Reviews and free Magic M4A to MP3 Converter downloads at Download.com