+ Reply to Thread

How do i Put files on storage card ?

alright i have 1gb scandisk storage card
    and when i pop it into phone it ask me if i want to search it for music or video
    it doesnt have any on it yet but now knowing this capability i would like to store all the music files that i wish to use for contacts
    but im not sure how to fill this sucker up
    the disk has attachments that i can slide the little one (the one that goes in phone) into a big one and then plug the 2 into my laptop

but this is where im confused

can i transfer files from laptop to phone to card
    or does it have to be from laptop to card to phone?

plz help need some direction new to this... spent too much money on phone to make an ignorant mistake n f it up

You can transfer files both ways.

When you are connected with Activesync, the phone appears just like another drive. You can copy files from the laptop directly to the storage card or phone memory.

You can also copy files from the laptop to the storage card for use in the phone. The exception is Office files such as Excel spreadsheets, Word documents. They have to be transfered via activesync since they go through a conversion to the mobile format.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

i figured out how to sync to card but how would i take a file off the card and put it on phone it self
    but do that from the phone it self i understand syncing file on laptop now
    but is there such a way to manage file in that manner just using my stylus pen?

Quote Originally Posted by axyamama View Post
    plz help need some direction new to this... spent too much money on phone to make an ignorant mistake n f it up
    I wouldn't worry too much about that... the phone has its original configuration in ROM. Worst case scenario.... you mess up and you do a hard reset and you have the phone just like brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by axyamama View Post
    i figured out how to sync to card but how would i take a file off the card and put it on phone it self
    but do that from the phone it self i understand syncing file on laptop now
    but is there such a way to manage file in that manner just using my stylus pen?
    Just use File Explorer. Locate the file on the storage card. Tap and hold; then select copy from popup menu. Navigate to folder in phone memory. Tap and hold; select paste from menu. Go back to file on the storage card. Tap and hold; select delete from the popup menu. You can avoid this step by using cut rather than copy. I like using copy in case there is a problem with the copy. I then have the original file.

Resco File Explorer is an excellent commercial version that has more features. Expensive at $29.95, but worth the money for the feature list.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Pritchard View Post
    Resco File Explorer is an excellent commercial version that has more features. Expensive at $29.95, but worth the money for the feature list.
    I highly recommend Resco File Explorer.

It is how I get 99% of the cab files on my phone. I download the cab files to an FTP accessible location and then use Resco to ftp the files to a CAB storage directory on my phone.

I almost never sync my phone to load a program.

The other way is to take the storage card and put it into a thumb drive and just move them over that way (like large MP3 files)

Pics of the thumb "nail" drive that I use sometimes to move files onto the MicroSD card.

Kinda small huh...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do i Put files on storage card ?-img_0447.jpg   How do i Put files on storage card ?-img_0449.jpg  

thanx for the info imma check that program out im liking the syncing process so far just hooked up my 4gig with a **** load of music powerpoint n lookin for more stuff as we speak to fill it up