+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Can I make the number keys only enter numbers, not letters?

So, when the i760 keyboard is slid out, the number keys on the front enter numbers only. But when the keyboard is closed, the number keys cycle through the letters on the key, before finally settling on the number, just like any old phone without a full keyboard.

I'm sure that's really useful for a lot of people who are used to using a number keypad that way for texting, but I'm not one of those people. I want the number keys to enter numbers only, all the time, no matter what. In particular, I want to be able to use the number keys to control my favorite program, the audible.com player, without having to slide open the keyboard, since that program is controlled by number keys. I'm prepared to having to commit to sliding out my full keyboard every time I want to enter letters and other characters besides numbers or the * and # signs.

I would really appreciate any help that anyone out there can give me with this!

Thanks!

David

Hold the number key down for a couple of seconds and it will enter the number.
    i760 (i730 upgrader)

when in a app and the keyboard is not slid out, click on the * key and it changes you can see 123 in white and pink and it will type all numbers tell you hit the * key again for the next options like symbols and such

Quote Originally Posted by powrful1 View Post
    when in a app and the keyboard is not slid out, click on the * key and it changes you can see 123 in white and pink and it will type all numbers tell you hit the * key again for the next options like symbols and such
    That's not working for for me. At least, it's not working with the audible.com player application.

David