+ Reply to Thread

SCH-I760/Bluefire Mobile VPN/Verizon

I have a Samsung SCH-760. I installed Bluefire Mobile VPN. My phone is hooked up with Verizon. If I make a VPN connection with a WiFi connection to the Internet, I get a great connection and can do anything that I want on the other side of my VPN. However, if the connection is made using Verizon's dial-up connection (broadband access), the connection is made and then drops almost immediately. I pursued this with Verizon twice and, very uncharaceristically based on my prior experiences with Verizon data support, they had no clue about it. The statement (twice) was that they drop the connection to the Internet in order to support faster speeds. There was no reasonable response when I explained that this also meant that I could not keep a VPN connection going.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what is going on here?

Thank you.

hi, I also use Bluefire Mobile VPN with my i760 on Verizon, and connect to Cisco ASA security appliance. I don't experience that issue at all. Just so you know. All I'm doing over the VPN is RDP to desktops and servers.

Quote Originally Posted by gary1218 View Post
    hi, I also use Bluefire Mobile VPN with my i760 on Verizon, and connect to Cisco ASA security appliance. I don't experience that issue at all. Just so you know. All I'm doing over the VPN is RDP to desktops and servers.
    Ok. Thanks. Which RDP client are you using? And, to confirm, you are NOT using a WiFi connection and are using a "Dial-up" connection. Thanks for your help.