+ Reply to Thread

?? on tethering vs wireless pc card...

i have never "tethered" before... but is there any difference in speed vs the pc card? i have the pc card right now and was wondering if i should cancel that service and start tethering off the i760... any suggestions..?

What card do you have now?

If you have an older EVDO rev0 card then you probably won't notice much of a speed difference, as the i760 also uses a rev0 chip.

Now, if you have a newer revA card, then you will notice a slowdown when you use your i760 as a modem. For you what you do, it may or may not be a big deal.

thanks for the quick reply! as for the pc card, i have the pc5750 rev. a.

I just got the 5750 myself after having tethered my Moto Q for about a year. Swapped it out from a USB UM-150 which I probably should have kept since it is transferrable to another computer but the PC card "Fits" better and I got tired of messing with cables and stuff.

Anyway, here is a thread that has some of my experienes with it, not sure if I'm going to keep it or not and go back to my Q. Mainly for economic reasons, I can't justify 2 data plans, but as much as I like the card (now, not when I got it last week due to network issues) I hate the thought of not having data on my Q.

VZW Data Problems Today?

Wish VZW had a "Broadband Share" plan where you could let your pda share and tether off your PC card plan since it's 5 Gig now and not unlimited, at no or SMALL extra charge (yeah I know that's a pipe dream) but that's the way it goes I guess.

hey thanks for the quick reply!