+ Reply to Thread

Hard reset question:

I did (or attempted) the clock hack and right after I have been getting an error code that the shell.exe has failed to load. ( you can see it here http://www.smartphoneforums.com/foru...try-hacks.html ) Well I restored the factory settings that I had saved prior to me messing around in the registry, but I am still getting that error message. If I do a hard reset on my device, will it restore the registry to how it was before? Or does anyone have any ideas on what is wrong?
    There are no stupid questions....just stupid people

It should be restored as normal, not to worry.

Hey Cuma,

A hard reset will make your phone go back to like it was right out of the box. There's an image of the whole system in ROM or something and it reimages your phones little system. Anything you have installed or loaded into the system storage will be erased.

I'm nopt saying don't do a hard reset. Just back up any data that you may need for later. I keep all my software keys in a small text file cause I've had to do alot of hard resets in my testing and general f*%$ing around. However, some apps like Kapersky mobile, need to be uninstalled before you can reinstall it. There was this one flashlight program on the MotoQ that I had to bother the developer over and over again after crashing my Q. He eventually just sent me a cracked-ish version of the app. I learrned alot though.
    I wouldn't say I've been missing it Bob.

Thanks for the info - but a problem I am having is activesync isn't syncing my contacts and calender. When I sync it I get a message that says "cannot synchronize with the outlook profile you are using, because a different profile was previously set up or the profile is password protected. Please open outlook using the appropiate profile. Support code: 8503001F" I have deleted all profiles I have had previously and started fresh and there is no password protection - I am at a loss of what to do because I cannot figure it out. Is there another program that I can save my contacts and calender to before I hard reset? Help..............

to quote myself......I must be pretty stupid

I think you may need to delete the relationship in Active Sync becuase the relationship gets associated with a particular profile in Outlook.. have you tried that? Disconnect the phone from your PC and from the file pull down in Active Sync choose "Delete Mobile Device" and then plug it in to create a new relationship...
    Mark
    Last edited by MGuzzy; 03-19-2008 at 01:33 AM.
    Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.

I think you can save a file called pim.vol that is where all your contacts, calendar, tasks, etc. are saved. See Save Contacts to Storage Card?.
    -Duncan

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is opinion" - R. Heinlein