+ Reply to Thread

new i760 wont detect sandisk 8 gb sdhc ???

bought the i760 about 2 weeks ago yesturday i bought a sandisk 8gb sdhc card and it wont appear in the phone. are there any fixes for this i have seen things on hacks or .cad but havent been able to find it or how to use it ?? any help would be much appreciated

I'm pretty new myself but from my understanding, a 4 GB is the biggest card you can use, and that's with a hack

4GB microSD HC
    There are no stupid questions....just stupid people

ya i just bought the 4 gig today and the verizon guy thats been keepin me posted on the phone said 4 gig is the biggest one it can handle
    and then u need a hack
    go return that thing i kno i was xpensive

the 8 gig can actually be recognized, but only 4 gig will be visible to the phone. then if you try to use it between your phone and desktop computer you will find that not all of the info will show up on the phone as does on the PC.

Basically the PC will write to random chunks of the 8 gb, could be in the 4gb area the phone sees, or it could not. i had a 6 gig and just had to order the 4gb card because of all the issues.

Didn't we have someone saying with the palm hack that 8gb showed up?

Quote Originally Posted by joshrys View Post
    the 8 gig can actually be recognized, but only 4 gig will be visible to the phone. then if you try to use it between your phone and desktop computer you will find that not all of the info will show up on the phone as does on the PC.

Basically the PC will write to random chunks of the 8 gb, could be in the 4gb area the phone sees, or it could not. i had a 6 gig and just had to order the 4gb card because of all the issues.
    ya thats some what the verizon guy was telling me the phone it self cannot reconize the memory hopefuly a hack comes out tho