+ Reply to Thread

Thread: working Doom?

working Doom?

i can not find any versions of doom (i've tried 3 for ppc) that work on the i760.

can anyone else?

double

double post x_x

Sorry I don't have an answer I hope you get it figured out. I just wanted to say that I remember when Doom first came out. I was playing it on a 386 computer with Windows 3.1. Who knew that 15 years later we would be figuring out how to run it on our smartphones? It's funny because most of the kids who play Halo and Call of Duty today weren't even born when Doom came on the scene. I hope you get a version of Doom that works with the i760 because I would love to play just for nostalgia sake.
    "We don't need no stinkin' iphones!!!" I love my Touch Pro 2..... Bleeding edge previous devices include the Samsung i760, dirrrty i730, XV6600, Blackberry 7750, Audiovox Thera, and Ipaq 5550.

thanks for your support, yeah i hope that someone knows something because i would love to play doom in qvga on my i760. there is copiuos documentation for how to do it with different architecture; hopefully it's just a few tweaks.

Anybody?

I'll have to check it out - I've still got the original .wad files archived somewhere. Not sure how easy it would be to control on phone though. Using a KB and mouse was essential to aim and strafe without getting killed.

This one works on my i760, but I can't seem to use the "configure" button so I can't set up the buttons to my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by gregoryx View Post
    This one works on my i760, but I can't seem to use the "configure" button so I can't set up the buttons to my preference.

how do you get past the start screen?

what about quake? anyone get that working?

press the shareware wad button

Huh... there's a list of config settings that might fix stuff here.

Thumbs up

I was unable to get this to work . . . it would act like it was loading, then exit. I did find a version that did work . . .

gfDoom

Keep in mind you do need the wad files from a full version (the shareware wad will not work). But it works quite well.

The nice thing is that it is skinable. Does anybody have the key codes for the I760?