+ Reply to Thread

Phone is slow/laggy!

When I'm answering a call using the touch screen, after I press Answer the phone still rings for about 5 seconds as if I didnt press Answer. 5 Seconds later the phone will answer, but I dont know why it lags.

Also, when Im switching from landscape to vertical when I open and close the keypad the phone is really laggy at some points, I dont know why.

Those are really my two main problems with slow responses. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I have 17 MB free on the main storage and 473 MB on my MicroSD card. Should I try to free up space on my main storage?

I currently have 16.22 megs free for program memory with no lags, I don't think that is the problem. Are you running a program when this occurs? If not, what third party apps do you have installed/running?

I have a few games installed, Skype, AIM, AirScanner, WebCamera Plus, WolfClock and thats about it.

Im trying to figure out what program I can use to back up my contacts this way I can do a master reset on the phone. Do you know of any programs to back up your contacts? I have BitPim but I dont know how to configure it with this phone.

I found a program for backing up your contacts here:
    PIM Backup v2.8 freeware for Pocket PC windows mobile and wm5 or wm6 ppc, PocketPC free downloads.

Hopefully a master reset will resolve the problem. Does anyone know how to reset your phone to factory?

if you go under settings/memory then check running programs. a lot of programs run in the bakground even after you close them. there are a few third party apps to completely close programs. "x button" is one. I use outlook to sink my contacts. works great for email and contacts. you can reset your phone by pushing in the recessed red button on the left side of the keyboard and holding for a few seconds.

hope this helps
    Last edited by dropem; 03-23-2008 at 10:14 PM.

Registered User TrickyFrenchman's Avatar
    Do you have any today screen programs (SPB Pocket+ or the like) I had lag until I changed what I had on the today screen. Also, I think today screen programs run best from main storage, anything on a card will take time to load.

Issues been around for a while, see these threads.
    Strange answer call behavior

? ON RESPONSE TIME TURNING UNIT ON
    Last edited by TrickyFrenchman; 03-23-2008 at 11:42 PM.

Also, make sure you don't have any of your ringtones stored on the memory card. Actually, any home screen or plug-in programs should not be store the card either. Ther a definite lag when the phone tries to access those items from the memory card.

Jay
    If it ain't broke. . . break it!!

Quote Originally Posted by IdkMYbffJILL View Post
    I have a few games installed, Skype, AIM, AirScanner, WebCamera Plus, WolfClock and thats about it.

Im trying to figure out what program I can use to back up my contacts this way I can do a master reset on the phone. Do you know of any programs to back up your contacts? I have BitPim but I dont know how to configure it with this phone.
    To back up all your PIM date, you can simply copy the PIM.vol file. It's stored on the root level of the i760.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)