+ Reply to Thread

I need a way to save my contacts so i can restire them.

Im tired of havr to restore all my contacts one by one after i erase my phone anyone know f a way that i can save them an after i erase my phone put them back

VZW Wireless Sync works great for me, even if you don't use it for email. After a hard reset, I sync it up and it doesn't miss a beat.

If you don't have a data plan I recommend Sprite Backup. I backup daily to storage card. If anything happens when away from my home PC , I'm back in business quickly. Cost is $29.95, but worth the price for piece of mind.
    Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Backing up Contacts

Or you can just setup a computer with activesync and outlook will backup your contacts. Next time you connect your phone after a reset it will transfer all the contacts back to your phone.

yeah, outlook is definitely the easiest way to go... except once it erased all my contacts when I was trying to transfer them over to outlook. It was fantastic. It was hilarious too, because I was on the line with Verizon support when it happened, and they told me exactly what to do. I had some choice words for him. Needless to say, the bill for that month was on them. That is one of good things about them. They always make up for their mistakes.

You can always just copy the PIM.VOL file that's on the root directory of the WM device. It stores contacts, tasks, and calendar.
    -Jay
    The Fine Print:Nothing in this post (or any of my other posts) is intended to constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For purposes of this forum, I'm just another nerd like you. :-)

i posted these in the vista thread but they apply here as well. basically an outlook replacement.
    EssentialPIM
    or
    WinPIM: Best PIM software (Personal Information Manager) for time and contact management

i got an error that it could not sync my contacts

Quote Originally Posted by iProb8 View Post
    You can always just copy the PIM.VOL file that's on the root directory of the WM device. It stores contacts, tasks, and calendar.
    Really ?!? So I can copy this to my card, perform hard reset, and then copy it back? My i760 will no longer sync so I can't back up to Outlook. It is only recognized as guest now - why I have no idea! I'll give it a try - Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo123 View Post
    Really ?!? So I can copy this to my card, perform hard reset, and then copy it back? My i760 will no longer sync so I can't back up to Outlook. It is only recognized as guest now - why I have no idea! I'll give it a try - Thanks!
    I had this problem. Deleted the old partnership in Activesync and then created a new partnership. Synced 1st time and everything worked fine after that. As a side note. You can alsol sync the data on your PC with Yahoo mail sync. If Activesync messes up your Outlook files, you can get them back with the Yahoo app.

ok i got it on to the outlook so now if i ever hard reset my phone all i have to do is connect it and it will restore my contacts

exactly animal.

Quote Originally Posted by wtherrell View Post
    I had this problem. Deleted the old partnership in Activesync and then created a new partnership. Synced 1st time and everything worked fine after that.
    Well that's the problem - I've deleted the old partnership and it won't let me make a new one - only sees me as guest. Basically means no add/remove/update programs unless I hard reset.

I use PIM Backup. It let me retrieve contacts, texts, phone calls...etc from my broken 760. Best of all it's free.

were can i get PIM back up